Lowell and defaulted vanquis debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2138 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys, need a little help.

I had a default on my file from Lowell placed 30/04/13.

Not paid anything from it, its an old Vanquis credit card debt, that was only about £450. It was frozen at £3191 at point of default.

Heard nothing from them in years and now all of a sudden, I'm getting calls every day and as I'm not answering they are leaving messages,

I have left them recorded on my phone, to show if needed how much contact they are applying to me.

Then this morning, I have received a letter offering the usual 60% discount, which again I am not replying to our paying.

Were do I stand with this please, just ignore and hope they go back in their shell until the 6 years default is up next year and then do statue barred or could they still take me to court and would they stand a chance of winning after so much passed time with no contact and such a inflated interest added on to the account ?

Vanquis sold the debt on in 2012, I never spoke to Lowell when it was passed on either.

And surprise surprise, never received the letter informing me of this or of the default.

Any help would be great,

thank you.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Often the debt amount is fantasy, as it includes charges and interest that they could not justify.

Just sit tight, don't respond, wait for the 6 years to pass. But do keep an eye on your credit record and always open letters received. It is possible they could issue a court claim at some stage, but the court claim would come from the Courts. Of course, you would not ignore a court claim and would ask for advice.

You don't need to send a statute barred letter when the 6 years are up.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

moved to the vanquish forum.

couple of things.

1st Lowell didn't default you vanquish did either at the time of the sale or before as only an original creditor can issue defaults.

Lowell cant change that date either.

whilst on that default, Statute barring does NOT run from the defaulted date

that runs from your last payment..which was?

if you don't know go ring vanquish and ASK.

lastly have you moved since you took this card out?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...