No Gas bill in six years

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys,

I was hoping you could help.

I live in a block of rented flats and have lived here since 2012.

When I first moved I set up an account with British Gas and have been with them ever since.

I was told when I registered for electricity that British gas didn't supply my gas, and that I would need to find another provider. I rang around all of the major suppliers and was told the same thing that nobody supplied my property.

I text the agent to find out what was going on and I never got a response so I reached the conclusion that the gas was included in the rent as I had tried everything possible to set up an account with a supplier.

All the appliances in my flat such as the shower, cooker and fire are electric, and whilst I do have a gas boiler I never switch it on and the only time its used is when I do the washing up.

My usage is very low and I have a record of what the reading was when I first move in and have periodically taken a pictures with the reading over the years. My usage is 264 cubic feet in six years.

A gas engineer recently game out to a neighbouring flat, as there was a small gas leak and when he looked at my meter he checked his records and said that my meter was shipperless.

I have rang XO serve and they have confirmed that my meter is shipperless and advised me to ring one of the energy suppliers and register an account.

I'm not sure what to do now as I have tried to register on multiple occasions with no success!

If I can register the meter, I'm happy to pay for the amount gas I have used over the years, and I have never been in any financial arrears in my life but I'm worried that if I contact an energy supplier that they may back date my usage based on an estimate rather than my actual usage.

This is really causing my some worry and I just want to get this rectified as quickly as possible.

Any help or advice on how to proceed would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

They can't

Forget about usage till now

Not your problem

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

What does the Agreement you signed for the Property say about 'Utilities' i.e. gas, electricity, water, council tax etc. say?

Who is my gas or electricity supplier? https://www.ofgem.gov.uk/consumers/household-gas-and-electricity-guide/connections-and-moving-home/who-my-gas-or-electricity-supplier

Find out who your energy supplier is https://www.energy-uk.org.uk/customers/how-to-switch-energy-company/find-out-who-your-energy-supplier-is.html

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I have tried to call and get a meter point reference number and they just tell me the same thing that its not registered and to call one of the major suppliers and ask for a quote. When I call the suppliers I'm told that they don't supply the flat! The whole situation is very frustrating.

The original tenancy agreement was for 6 months and its been a rolling contract ever since. I have read it again and it does say that the tenant is liable for the utilities and I have paid everything, water, electricity, council tax, rent phone etc.

The only thing I haven't paid, is the gas because it simply hasn't been possible, and in all my years of renting flats I have encountered a situation where you don't receive a gas bill and it's not possible to set an account up to be registered. Surely this is the landlords responsibility.

I'm happy to pay for what I have used, my gas usage is extremely low as everything in my flat is electric so I only use the gas for heating water to do the washing up.

My two concerns are as follows:

1. How do I get a meter point reference number so I can set up an account.

2. if the gas company is going to back date the bill, I'm only willing to pay for my usage plus the standing charge. If they estimate the bill on average usage for a one bedroom flat, I feel I'm going to be massively overcharged for gas I simply haven't used.

Just to be clear I haven't been asked to pay anything or received a bill form any gas company at this stage, and I'm only became aware of what a shipperless site was when Cadnet came to repair my neighbours meter otherwise I would have still been under the assumption the bill was paid for by the landlord.

What should be my plan of action to rectify this mess?

Like I said in my previous post I'm prepared to pay for my usage and standing charge and I have never been in any kind of financial difficulty or hand any late payments in the past and I'm worried that an admin error on the gas companies behalf is going to cause me lots of problems.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks,

Dave.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

yu tell energy supply co you wan to be a customer and you give meter no and the current reading for consumption. That is what they need, they arent entiteld to anything from the past as they werent the supplier then. To take money from you for the past wouild be dishonest so dont be tempted to help them with their dishonesty.