Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    bruce18641 Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : May 2018

Default Cabot/Restons PAP letter of claim- old vanquis debt subject to FOS complaint

Hi Guys
    I have received a letter of claimicon from Restons solicitors for a debt bought by Cabot financial.

I have made a complaint to the financial Ombudsmanicon that the original creditor ‘ a credit card company ‘ refused to deal with several mistakes on my account over a year before Cabot bought the debt and simply told me to deal with the 3rd party debt collectorsicon.

The ombudsman said that as they were still the legal owners of the debt they had a duty to deal with me and not pass the buck to the debt collectors.

The amount Cabot are claiming is for 1800 when the correct amount after deducting the disputed amount is 1150.

My question now is, should I contact Restons who have sent me a letter of claimicon and say they will start proceedings on 18 05.2018 or Cabot or both and tell them its a disputed amount sold by the original owner of the debt and I have now made complaint to the FOS for which I have received relevant paperwork and a reference number.

So would they like to put proceedings on hold whilst this matter is dealt with by the FOS as I see no point in starting court proceedings when they are trying to claim the wrong amount.I

I don't dispute the lower figure.

So far I have made no contact with either company.

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Default Re: Cabot/Restons PAP letter of claim- old vanquis debt subject to FOS complaint

Have you got it in writing that they should not pass the buck et cetera?

Basic Account Holder
    bruce18641 Novitiate

Default Re: Cabot/Restons PAP letter of claim- old vanquis debt subject to FOS complaint

No it was said during the phone callicon to the FO, but they have accepted my complaint

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

I suggest that you read our customer servicesicon guide and implement the advice there. See if you can have that phone callicon again.

Yes I think that you should inform Cabot. Send a copy to the fosicon and make sure Cabot can see that the FOS is copied in.

Who was the original creditor?

Basic Account Holder
    bruce18641 Novitiate

Original creditor was Vanquis

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Forget this complaint and it's relevance for now its not really directly relevant
    What date is on the letter of claimicon please

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Retitled and Moved to the vanquis forum

Basic Account Holder
    bruce18641 Novitiate

Quote Originally Posted by dx100uk View Post
    Forget this complaint and it's relevance for now its not really directly relevant
    What date is on the letter of claimicon please

Have you replied yet?

Basic Account Holder
    bruce18641 Novitiate

Default Re: Cabot/Restons PAP letter of claim- old vanquis debt subject to FOS complaint

not yet.

Default Re: Cabot/Restons PAP letter of claim- old vanquis debt subject to FOS complaint

Great..
    Go read post 6 here
    https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.u....-1st-Oct-2017

I dispute the debt because.... It is subject to an open complaint fosicon ref no. Xxx as the balance is unlawfully inflated[ say nowt more]

And CCA Requesticon them too

Don't NOT use their form
    Use the one attached to post 6

Basic Account Holder
    bruce18641 Novitiate

Thanks for your input this info is a great help to me.

Do I send these to Cabots or their solicitors ?
    What should I do about replying to their solicitors letter of claimicon which according to them should be replied to by the 18th May ?
    Regards

you are replying to it!

Basic Account Holder
    bruce18641 Novitiate

Solicitors sent the PAP and Cabots sent CCA Requesticon with the 1 PO.
    Lets see what happens next

Many thanks for your invaluable help so far.

Basic Account Holder
    bruce18641 Novitiate

Sorry I meant solicitors sent the reply form as post6

job done then

dx

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details