Mark Andrews car company - MA Car Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1995 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys

My daughter is having a problem with Mark Andrews car company I don’t think that’s it’s official name but anyway

She had a car on finance from The Car Finance Company she had itfor about 3 years paid every month no problems one day she received a phone call from Mark Andrews asking her if she wanted to upgrade her car, Unfortunately she was at work so I had no chance to stop her anyway she went and got a car from them and traded her old one in The Car Finance Company gave them a settlement figure etc all was sorted

Fast forward to now and Mark Andrews haven’t paid The Car Finance Company the settlement figure and they are chasing my daughter for payment they have told her she needs to pay for both cars until this is sorted she can’t afford this she has made numerous phone calls to both companies and isn’t getting anywhere

About an hour ago a man knocked the door for my daughter I told him she wasn’t here as she has been threatened with a “agent visit” I asked if he was from The Car Finance Company and he said no!

I wonder if there is anything my daughter can do she doesn’t have the car she has paperwork saying it was traded in and it is clear Mark Andrews owe for it not my daughter I am not sure what to do

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks guys

Meg&Mog

Is this the one? https://www.macargroup.com/

Arrived at 2pm left at around

6pm

As we were leaving they found the right car at the right price and we went back in hoping this was it. We were told that we would get this car before Christmas and now in January 2017. My sister-in-law made two payments and due another one shortly. And now saying that have no

record of these payments. Whats going on??

Who has the money? Now has to prove payments. Not good!

No car!

Be aware and always follow your gut instinct.

https://www.google.fr/search?biw=1920&bih=984&ei=fWD0WregJMqZkwWx45aYDA&q=%22ma+car+group%22&oq=%22ma+car+group%22&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l7j0i8i10i30k1l2.11257.12754.0.13406.2.2.0.0.0.0.109.178.1j1.2.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.2.177....0.4EAf_fDQ_9Q#lrd=0x47df348ae86288db:0x63710e7f7ff4ea03,1,,,

Marc Price

2 reviews

a year ago-

Initial review - excellent, very helpful did all they could to ensure I drove away in a car that was affordable.

Since purchasing the car - terrible - I was not given the registration document and was only told it didn't have one at the time of coming to collect the car, I was advised if I paid for this myself and sent the receipt in to claim back the money I would be paid it back - it has now been 9 weeks since I picked up the car & over 7 weeks since I sent in the receipt and I have still not been given the money back despite numerous phones calls being promised 'it will be processed today' and emails that are now being ignored. Absolutely shocking after sales care & when it is time to upgrade I will be sure to look elsewhere first!

https://www.google.fr/search?biw=1920&bih=984&ei=fWD0WregJMqZkwWx45aYDA&q=%22ma+car+group%22&oq=%22ma+car+group%22&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l7j0i8i10i30k1l2.11257.12754.0.13406.2.2.0.0.0.0.109.178.1j1.2.0....0...1.1.64.psy-ab..0.2.177....0.4EAf_fDQ_9Q#lrd=0x47df348ae86288db:0x63710e7f7ff4ea03,1,,,

Julie Meah

1 review

a year ago

Well these people are very friendly to get u in the door .I was in this mark andrews for over 3 hours they eventually found the car I liked but I wouldn't get it for 12 days.

So I get a call saying the car won't be available till after Xmas but I must start making finance payments even though I never had the car.

I get a call over this last week saying the car I was to purchase of them was a insurance rite off.

I never received any car from these people and I have now got to prove to the finance that I made 2 payments to them as Mark andrews cancelled my agreement without a courtesy call to keep me informed.

Stay well clear off this company

Con artist all the way

U pay high price for a car that u mite never get

I heard on the grapevine through another finance company that they have had bad feedback bout mark andrews...

Bad business practice

Need to go back to the drawing board

Ahmed Rizwan

1 review

a year ago-

aggred with the people who gave one star and must sey people who gave 5 stars r all bogus i received phone call he said your loan approved come to our office with in 48hrs for paper work i took two hrs( 53 miles) spent 5 hrs and get nothing totally rubbish.

rachael jones

2 reviews

a year ago-

Brought a c4 grand Picasso from them on finance gear box blew clutch blew fan belt parts broke and body panels loose. They knew it would be used as a family car and still sold us a 2008 shed refused to do any work unless I payed him for his useles Polish cheap labour fools to do half a job. Needless to say I fixed the car myself cost an extra 2000 pound on top of the original 5695 to have the perfect car my family was sold AVOID AT ALL COSTS they lie to protect the owners and no that's not mark Andrews he's just a middle man who's been bankrupt several times so his wife and his friend have it in there names

Tracie Dean

2 reviews

a year ago-

Absolutely disgraceful, my daughter due to having no credit history at 18 applied and was advised that she had been successful so we drove across, filled out paperwork they asked what she could put down as a deposit she was honest and said no more than £200, salesman came back and said we can only accept £220 so she paid it, picked out the car she wanted was advised to insure it which we did on site. To then be told that there was a glitch and she hadn't actually been approved they would have to try another company putting me on the finance which I had told them specifically I didn't want to go on a finance agreement. We sat there for over 3 hours and then told it won't be sorted until Monday, so we had to leave we had been gone no more than 15 minutes when my daughter called them and said no she didn't want to go ahead with the deal and could they please pay the £220 back into her account she was told yes. On the Monday they called and said she had been approved by the other company but my daughter said no she didn't want to go ahead as stated on Saturday as she felt that the whole experience was a bad one all she wanted was for them to pay the £220 back. She has been ringing for a month now and still no money paid back. Absolutely appalled at this companies attitude and behaviour to a young girl who they seem to see as an easy target to keep her money. Have now contacted Trading Standards to get this money back, think very hard before using this company have since found out a number of people have had the same experience.

Adam Robakiewicz

1 review

a year ago-

Stay well clear! They sold me a car with an immobiliser box fitted device which i wasnt aware of. It was from a previous finance company. Within weeks, car was not even starting because the engine had been cut off. Call them and report the problem, theh were rude amd disnt really seem to care. They told me to see their mechanic who also didnt care. He was sure it was the clutch switch without inspecting the vehicle and told me to wait for him to call back which didnt happen. I called and called him for over a month and no help from the mechanic so i decided to go to my local garage who also thought it was the clutch switch but when he replaced it, car still wouldnt start, Eventually the only solution was to get the car to vauxhall for a diagnosis which showed their was an immobiliser device in it and the biggest shock- it was illegal to get it out without the permision of the previous finance company. 3 months went by like this. I had to get a car to get on with my daily routine like getting my kid to nursery amd do my shopping, there is no public transport for miles where i live. They refused to pay for the costs of all of this. They refused to compensate all the inconveniences and didnt even apologise. They have been ignoring ALL my complains through emails amd when I called them few weeks agao, they denied anything as such had happened. I have all the proof including the box so i have reported this issue to the ombudsman.

If you are desperate for car finance like i was, trust me they are not the right one to help. Go for other dealers, apply for independent car finance. I learnt my lesson now. Good luck to everyone

Michael Jones

Michael Jones

1 review

a year ago-

Wow what a company, great help getting finance, drove away same day. 2 months later find the bonnet pops open while driving, also the exhaust brackets broken & knocking on the floor. To find out when checked on previous MOT that these issues were failures on the MOT About a week before I brought the car. Not helped in the slightest, rude, no contact after 2 months finally collected car to repair after id been unable to use it for last 6-8 weeks due to the issues and not being happy taking my children in it for them to turn around and comment on the mileage that I had done nearly 9000 miles in the 8-10 weeks I had used it telling me that I have been using it. Have even shown them prood of the mileage I do each week anything some weeks up to 1200 miles for work. They seem to think as ive done that much mileage I had been using it. Aftercare less than helpful, have reported to trading standards having then told me they have quite regular meetings with mark andrews. Seems its about time something was done to stop this being a regular occurrence since ive read all the reviews. I drive for a living and without car cannot work. The aftersales told me surely I get annual leave and can take holiday then hung up I understand wear & tear on a car with how much I use it but the fact it had failed its mot previously with those issues. Thats my problem and the fact im hundreds if not thousands out of pocket with having to use public transport, taxis etc. Let alone the loss of earnings. I will be seeking further legal advice and small claims in this matter. So please anyone should you need help like I did please avoid at all costs. I wouldn't reccomend this place to my worst enemy.

Mids Guy

1 review

a year ago-

Absolute shocking service sold me one car with engine and break problems finally agreed to swap car which they did and because they had a Hpi marker on it the finance company wouldn't pay out till they moved it instead they turned up shouting the odds I was a thief a removed the car ripped me off out my deposit one salesman thought it acceptable to get in my mums face yelling at her Leanne the after sales manager acts like she's your mate but soon turns when benefits her the overall manager is a con man and a liar that even threw his own staff under the bus to save his own skin avoid at all costs dangerous cars rude staff and robbed of your deposit

Lee Benford

1 review

a year ago-

BUYERS BEWARE. Avoid like the plague, extremely bad customer service, and false advertisement!!!!! Further to this, the company deleted and blocked me from commenting on their Facebook page, as they didn't want potential further customers to see this, I have also just received a phone call from someone called Ben after posting this harassing me, and questioning me as to why I am leaving bad feedback. He also said it wasn't a guarantor that they was after it was someone to go as a joint applicant, pretty much the same thing, because if payments failed they would just seek money from the other applicant!!!

Hi

This is why I would have preferred her to have been at home i would have stopped her but she wasn’t and the deed is done

I’m not sure what to do about this settlement figure

Thanks

Meg&Mog

Well just remember any door strippers are NOt bailiff s

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

MA Car Group: https://www.macargroup.com/privacy-and-legal/

MA Car Group is Trading as Mark Andrew Car Centres

Mark Andrews Used Car Centre

Unit 3 Bloxwich Lane Industrial Estate

Bloxwich Lane

Walsall

West Midlands

WS2 8TF

Company Number: 5512714

Company Type: Non-Limited Business

Director: Mr Mark Andrews

Companycheck link: https://companycheck.co.uk/nonLimitedCompany/5512714/MARK-ANDREWS-USED-CAR-CENTRE/summary

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

I don't want to make you depressed about this – but at the moment I'm afraid I don't see any solution to getting your money back. I would certainly be informing the police and getting a crime reference number. Be aware that the police will simply try to say that this is a civil matter – but you have to insist that you have obtained money for a particular purpose and that it has been misappropriated and that this is a crime. It is essential that you get a crime reference number. It won't completely protect you – but it will be helpful at some point. You must insist, insist, insist to the police that this is a crime and that the money has been misappropriated. You must insist the police that they are dealing with dishonesty here.

Secondly, you should visit citizens advice and inform them. CA will be unable to provide you with any kind of help – but you should make sure that CA enter this problem and the name of the company and also the name of Mark Andrews onto their database so that it can be flagged up by Trading Standards as part of their national database. If you can get a reference number for this report as well then that will be helpful. I suggest that you get the crime reference number first and then when you go to CA, you can give them this as well.

How much value are we talking about here?

I think your real problem will be to protect yourself from any action which is taken by the finance company to recover the money from you. Once you get the crime reference number and also you have made the CA report, you should let the finance company and any other interested parties know what has happened. Of course what would be very useful would be if you found some other victims of this which had used the same finance company. If you were able to show that the finance company had reason to be aware that this company was operating in this way then this would probably give you quite a lot of protection because you would be able to argue that they had a duty not to provide the money and not even to do business with this company.

Have you got any details of the "agent" who visited you? If you get any more visits from anybody then you should get all details of who they are and which company they are representing. This is essential.

I suggest that on 25 May you send an SAR to the finance company to find out exactly what they have got on you about this.

I would spend some time going around all of the review sites around the Internet and informing people about this company and the proprietor and about what has happened. This will put other people on their guard – but also you may well find that somebody else will pop up with a similar story. Send them here and develop contacts with them and compare notes. If you are lucky enough to find other people who have received finance from the same finance company then this will be a big step forward.

I would suggest looking also at Facebook and setting up a Facebook page. This kind of thing can be very effective – but use the Facebook page to send them to this website because here they will receive practical advice which is not something that is easily given using Facebook

• 5 months later...

Hi meg&mog , I realise this was some time ago but did you get this resolved?

My daughter has also been having issues with them they are not very nice people to deal with at all the way they treat customers is outrageous someone should look into them theres a lot of unhappy customers

Hi Guys

My daughter is having a problem with Mark Andrews car company I don’t think that’s it’s official name but anyway

She had a car on finance from The Car Finance Company she had itfor about 3 years paid every month no problems one day she received a phone call from Mark Andrews asking her if she wanted to upgrade her car, Unfortunately she was at work so I had no chance to stop her anyway she went and got a car from them and traded her old one in The Car Finance Company gave them a settlement figure etc all was sorted

Fast forward to now and Mark Andrews haven’t paid The Car Finance Company the settlement figure and they are chasing my daughter for payment they have told her she needs to pay for both cars until this is sorted she can’t afford this she has made numerous phone calls to both companies and isn’t getting anywhere

About an hour ago a man knocked the door for my daughter I told him she wasn’t here as she has been threatened with a “agent visit” I asked if he was from The Car Finance Company and he said no!

I wonder if there is anything my daughter can do she doesn’t have the car she has paperwork saying it was traded in and it is clear Mark Andrews owe for it not my daughter I am not sure what to do

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks guys

Meg&Mog