Manchester City Council PCN Bridge Street

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2146 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Whilst parking for my case against WY Parking (which I won), I return to my car with a PCN attached (FML)

I paid (confirmed money has left my bank account also) using my debit card

- The ticket machine gave 2 tickets (both saying DISPLAY THIS WAY UP ON DASHBOARD).

I took the ticket showing my parking fee more clearly to claim for costs.. Still displayed the counterpart though.

I am still within my appeal timescale: Just want to confirm what I should write where it says "Why do you think you should not have been given a ticket"

Tickets.pdf

PCN.pdf

Manchester Council Pictures.pdf

For a windscreen ticket (Notice To Driver) please answer the following questions....

1 The date of infringement? 01/05/18

2 Have you yet appealed to the parking company yet? [Y/N?] NOT YET

if you have then please post up whatever you sent and how you sent it and the date you sent it.

has there been a response?

If you haven't appealed yet - ,.........

have you received a Notice To Keeper? (NTK) [must be received by you between 29-56 days] NO

what date is on it

Did the NTK provide photographic evidence?

3 Did the NTK mention Schedule 4 of the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 (PoFA) [Y/N?] N/A

4 If you appealed after receiving the NTK, N/A

did the parking company give you any information regarding the further appeals process?

[it is well known that parking companies will reject any appeal whatever the circumstances]

5 Who is the parking company? NCP/ Manchester Council

6. where exactly [Carpark name and town] did you park?

Bridge Street Car Park off Bridge St, Manchester

Merged PDF.pdf

Do you mean to say, you bought a pay and display ticket, then left the car park with it in your pocket?

Little wonder you were issued a PCN, if that is the case.

You should write a brief appeal letter explaining what happened and why, and hoping for some good will. At the end of the day, the pay and display scheme requires the driver to do both those things - pay for it, then display it in the vehicle.

If you would care to read the original post properly/ read the pdfs (which include pictures)-

I paid, 2 tickets issued (both saying Display on dashboard). I displayed one and took the other with me for proof of parking costs.

If you would care to read the original post properly/ read the pdfs (which include pictures)-

I paid, 2 tickets issued (both saying Display on dashboard). I displayed one and took the other with me for proof of parking costs.

I did read it properly. You paid to park and took the ticket with you. Exactly what I suggested you had done, and I was right.

No need to thank me for taking the time to read your post, open your pdfs, check your images and type out a reply, free of charge.

Seriously, it's not called "pay and take away with you", is it? It's called "pay and display". I wonder why?

you ask the council to cancel, sending them a photocoy or scan of both of the ticket parts and explain that you were confused over which was the correct bit to leave. DOnt tell them you took it into court for your expenses, they wont be so forgiving as they will be for a simple error.