Yorkshire Bank Official PPI Complaint

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, need a bit of assistance if you dont mind.

I sent a PPI Information Request to Yorkshire Bank last month (April 2017) and received a reply a month later.

The good news is that after searching their records as far back as 1995 ( which is about the right time) they have found two loans. On one they have confirmed it had PPI.

On the other however, they are "unable to determine" whether PPI was on it or not.

They go on to say that if I make a complaint, this will enable them to search their archived records and maybe establish whether PPI is or is not on the other loan ( I think it will be),

my question is what is the best way to approach this?

Do I simply draft up a letter of complaint asking them to search their archives?

Is there already an established template letter for this kind of thing?

Or would it be better to send a SAR?

What concerns me a little is that they know that they were both loans and they have sent the account numbers too.

So if they could find that information why can they not determine whether there was PPI on the other loan?

Maybe that one is a loan going back before 1995 and everything is archived after that date?

However, they still know it was a loan and knew the account number.

Might just be my suspicious self again but any advice will be welcome as usual.

Thanks all.

You're absolutely right to be suspicious of all of these people. However, it's impressive that they admit to having records at least as far back as 1995 and also that they say that they have found something.

However what I don't understand is why they think that you need to make a complaint in order for them to bring up any further information. If I were you I would wait until 25 May and then send them an SAR. It will be free and the deadline for compliance is 30 days.

That should give you all the information you need. If they still want to go on that they need something else to search the archive then you have grounds for complaint to the ICO.

Send the SAR – 25th of May – see what you come up with – and then come back here if you need help.