Car Insurance - Taking out new policy before old policy runs out...

mrk1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2161 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi..

I am insured on vehicle and my current insurnce compnay will not transfer me to the car I want to drive, they even said no one was coming back with a quote as I was uninsurable... I knew this was rubbish.

I went on go compare and got a quote for £995 (still high but given my circumstances I knew it would be about that).

I have a short while left on my current policy, I want to know am I good to get another policy out before old one has ended? i am giessing yes?).

You can, but that would mean youre paying for 2 policies, and only 1 can use no claims

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

You can, but that would mean youre paying for 2 policies, and only 1 can use no claims

So it's not illegal, do the insurance co's talk to each other?

They cant stop you cancelling your old insurance. Just tell them you sold the vehicle. Then insure with the new insurer. Why continue paying the old one for absolutely no reason?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Unfortunately you have an additional problem. Any quotation questionnaire will include something in the order of 'have you ever been refused insurance or required to pay an enhanced premium?'

Was the fact that your current policy provider has declined to cover the proposed vehicle declared on the comparison site?

The insurance industry is an example of companies sharing information and if you fail to declare it WILL come back to bite you!

You obviously do not wish to provide personal details on an open forum, but there must be either something special about the proposed vehicle, or in your history to cause an insurer to take this stance.

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

I have no legal qualifications.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

He has insurance though. He wont be penalised for them refusing to cover a higher spec one while they already insure him.

But he has to declare it!

My time as a Police Officer and subsequently time working within the Motor Trade gives me certain insights into the problems that consumers may encounter.

If you have found my post helpful, please enhance my reputation by clicking on the Heart. Thank you

To add to the above, the OP has not confirmed why his current company will not insure him for the desired vehicle. It might not be the vehicle itself as he says ' (still high but given my circumstances I knew it would be about that). could indicate something in his history.

Hi Gick, i think you are confusing the "insurance declined" with "cannot give a quote"

Many insurance companies don't insure cars and drivers for various reasons, that doesn't mean that the insurance is declined.

You don't need to declare an unsuccessful quote.

Hi Gick, i think you are confusing the "insurance declined" with "cannot give a quote"

Many insurance companies don't insure cars and drivers for various reasons, that doesn't mean that the insurance is declined.

You don't need to declare an unsuccessful quote.

This is correct.

The OP has not given details of why the current insurer will not cover the proposed vehicle. I am merely pointing out that if the transfer is being 'declined', this fact must be material to the question 'have you had insurance declined or additional premium required' on any quote. I am not at all confused by the situation.

Until the OP clarifies the stance of the insurance Company, my warning remains.

Doesnt matter why. He was refused a quote. He is still covered by the same insurer on another policy. You are getting confused as already stated.

You can issue whatever warnings you like. Youre wrong.

Just had a thought..

I was told some time ago to not use EXACT personal details on sites like GOCOMPARE and COMPAREMARKET etc, and just change name, and use a door 3 doors away.. this is so you don't rack up searches on your credit file..

I just spent a 30 mins changing loads of info, and called one of the top 3 companies that come up, but then thought they would know all the chnages I have made as they will have access to the sites I was on? They asked for my post code (i used my real one) and then penny dropped what if they think I am trying tyo screw them over??

Does visiting those sites to get a comparison show on your credit file as a search ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

OK...

The main question is.... Will any said company be able to see that you have been changing loads of random info just to see if it all makes a differences, because let's face it, there won't be too many people from HX7 7TR (not my actual post code) applying for insurance with my exact car... you know?

These are soft searches indeed and can only be seen by the company doing them and the subject whos being searched about.

Have a read :)

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=69469

It has a section on Soft Searches :) Credit Comparison sites use them quite often.

Its not a bad thing to do lots of quotes for Car Insurance...

BUT IT IS TO DO LOTS OF SEARCHES FOR CREDIT!!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

OK...

The main question is.... Will any said company be able to see that you have been changing loads of random info just to see if it all makes a differences, because let's face it, there won't be too many people from HX7 7TR (not my actual post code) applying for insurance with my exact car... you know?

I assumed the quotation was based on the Registration and car model ...so changing your address was pointless.?

I also assumed that a credit search was only done if you proceeded with the company offering the quotation (third party) once you confirmed.?

Comparison Sites would not be able to search your Credit Files .

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you get a quote on any comparison site then go back and edit it to change things like your accident record or conviction history

each new quote and the changes you made to your details are seen by the companies who are quoting if/when you go forward to get cover from that company (ie when you transfer onto the company's own site).

It's one of the flags for them for possible fraudulent insurance activity. Apparently a lot of people get quotes initially using their real claims/conviction details then go back and remove them to see if they get a lower price. That makes insurers suspicious (understandably).

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

This is what I did, just to see the difference.... Bad move?

But did not use my name, but obviously used the same car..

. Shall I just leave that now?

Edited by dx100uk

This is what I did, just to see the difference.... Bad move? But did not use my name, but obviously used the same car... Shall I just leave that now?

I don't know enough about how it works in detail to comment. But obviously if the insurer's quote you want to buy has been given using your correct vehicle/accident/claims/convictions etc information there shouldn't be a problem if all you have done is amend a typo - your house number for example. I wouldn't support giving false information to insurers to get a lower quote (and I don't think CAG would either).

The initial post was with reference to ......

"I was told some time ago to not use EXACT personal details on sites like GOCOMPARE and COMPAREMARKET etc, and just change name, and use a door 3 doors away.. this is so you don't rack up searches on your credit file.."

So is this about credit file searches or or giving false information to get different quotes ?

Andy

Pointless to put different details nowadays because as soon as you put your reg number all insurance companies that have quoted you before will know who you are.

And if you want to go ahead they will inevitably question the discrepancy in the quotes obtained.

They got us by the family jewels.

Every time i get a quote for anything, despite clicking the box to deny consent to use my details for other purposes, i get inundated with calls from all sorts of money grabbing lowlife

Hi, well it was a bit of both if I am honest..

Not to try to do over the insurance companies, because they do enough of that, but just to see how much better off I could have been, humans are curious beings eh.

Should I just give up on that car / reg now?