style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2172 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there, can someone please give me some advice,

I test drive cars as part of my job,

I recently did a test drive for Kia in Marlow and Henley-on-Thames in Buckinghamshire.

I am from the north so pick up my first car drive out of the Danesfield House Hotel car park turned left following the sat nav directions.

I went to put the radio on and knocked the sat nav off I carried on driving on the main road until I came to Henley on Thames and panicking not knowing where I was I tried to find somewhere to pull over to fix the sat nav.

I ended up going into a loop and remembered seeing somewhere which was safe to pull over so carried on the loop again and pulled over to fix the sat nav.

I must have been there for approximately 2 or 3 minutes sorted the sat nav out and drove off.

A week later Kia tell me I have been charged for parking.

I appealed to London Parking Solutions telling them I hadn't parked but I pulled over in the first safe place I could find and that I had only pulled over for minutes but they said I didn't have a permit so I had to pay £60

I haven't paid it now I have a letter from UCS saying I have to pay £160 other wise they are handing it over to the LPS solicitors any advice please

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

where did you pull over? Can you link it on google maps or give a street address? It sounds like private land, and if so, it is pretty unlikely you have to pay a penny. All depends on where it was and the signage there

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

I have had a look on google maps and seen the Town hall but I can't find a street name on their letter it just says Thames side of Henley on Thames

it was like a little place you boarded your boats and a bridge was just a little further on to the left of me and then it took me on a one way system little loop water to the left and shops to the right of me. sorry I'm not more helpful I will get my lad to have a look to see if he can find a street name

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have found it, its on Tameside

I have just seen Jeager

it was a shop I knew years ago and

it had on the door closed and relocated

it was in front of that next to the river,

I only pulled over to fix my sat nav and as I said I literally pulled over for about 2 /3 mins

it was the IPC they said because I never had a permit I had to pay,

but I did explain to them I hadn't parked only pulled over and yes they have photographic evidence

I even told them I had pulled over because it was the first safe place to pull over

I didn't know the area

I have four cars to review and I will have details from Kia of what time I picked the car up and what time I had it back to the hotel

it was about 30 mins but they just were not interested

why would they be interested? Its a very shady appeals company. If they allowed a valid appeal they wouldnt make any money. The IPC is full of the PPC's that dont want to even try and follow the law.

• Confused 1

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Still nothing to worry about. There's a whole procedure they have to follow. Get that info and we can go from there. Their claim.is dead in the water anyway.

You really need to do some reading up of some threads on here and then you'll get a bit of an understanding of how this whole game works.

Mitigating factors will get you nowhere and will only highlight that you don't know what you're doing with this, so they're more likely to attempt more scare tactics with you.

Read up a bit and also take the advice given from others on your post here, and you'll soon grasp what's going on

- but you also need to provide the information requested by DX above.

Solicitors, are NOT anything to be scared of at all, they simply have office space full of books which they then turn to when they need to read up on laws, there is nothing they do that you or I can't.

The fact that they have also increased the amount they say you owe, tells you exactly what you need to know, di you sign a credit agreement with them? NO, so they cannot increase anything.

You owe nothing, , they're just hoping you won't learn your rights and will buckle and be fleeced blind.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

understand something, they are dishonest and therfore will tell lies to you. There is a thing called a grace period which has to be long enough for you to park up, read the siganeg and decide whetehr you want to be bound by the contract offered on the sign and then find some change to feed the meter if there is one. the minimum allowed for this is 10 minutes.

if they are claiming that you have breached a "no parking" order then that isnt an offer of terms to park, it is a prohibition and you cant agree to break a contract as the only way of creating one. so you ave done nothing wrong to warrant their attention.

the good news is they are bothering you and we can help you knock this on the haed better dealing with an individaul than we can if it was say a car lease co

tell us the content of the last letter you got and whether it was addressed to you personally or passed on by employer/garage

Edited by honeybee13
Paras