• Tweets

• Update: tfl is taking me to court I'm trying to get an ooc claim from them but they have not been replying to my emails. 
    • Thousands of Chinese companies are making synthetic opioids and shipping them around the world.View the full article
    • Are these the important pages I need to upload ? 1.  pages 1-4 are court form 10a 2.  2 pages of the CCA agreement  3.  Default notice from NewDay, 22/02/20 4.   Lowell letter stating they own debt ,     Dated 16/11/20 5. Unheaded letter also dated 16/11/20 from NewDay saying they assigned “all of the respective rights etc,”  to Lowell on 23/10/20 I make this 9 relevant pages from what I can see   ( all other pages are statements/default notes and lots of FCA info sheets) just needing your confirmation in advance as I don’t want to send over pages that are not required thank you  UCM      
    • Just out of curiosity aesmith - are you a lawyer?
    • I spoke to a pro-bono entity this afternoon.  They advise I must initiate a claim in the court v the receiver if I want to then file an application for an order for sale.  I must have a claim/ proceedings to be able to force a sale. The judge in the current proceedings  has told me that I cannot force the lender to sell and the lender cannot interfere either.   If the receiver isn't acting correctly and isn't selling - this means I must make a claim against the receiver I could initiate a claim. Or much quicker  - the other entity - with a charge already - could use that to make an application for an order for sale.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Tesco personal loan - cannot afford full payment anymore

Throwaway
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 832 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I understand, I will keep you guys updated if anything changes.

Do you mean I have a slim chance of losing in court as I am still paying them all I can afford?

Also I've renegotiated with my other credit and dropped them down to a certain amount so I can pay Tesco equally.

Shall I just send them this new budget form with updated details of this and mention I will be paying them the new amount monthly?

Or just leave it all and just carry on paying x/month without replying like DX mentions.

99% of original creditors do not do court.

to much to lose with bad publicity they'd rather sell the debt on and reclaim their losses [if ANY] through their insurance, tax reclaim and built-in business models that accommodate such 'losses']

if you can pay more then when you can do so.

remember the golden rule..

its YOUR money , you control it ..NOT your creditors.

just pay what you say or move to when you have said and do it.

you don't need their permission.

if a creditor were not to help you [ie refrain from charging interest and levying penalty charges ] then you write again with letter 2 , expressing your displeasure, and drop their payments right down, as they are NOT helping you as they should

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

pers i'd simply pay more if you CAN comfortably..

no need to tell them.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Why pay more? Use that money for something in your life that you need. Or put away for a rainy day. Dont go short to pay more than youre paying others.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Understood, I'm just going to carry on paying what I said I will and I won't be replying to this letter.

Also, I'm moving homes but I have setup a Royal Mail redirection service, shall I inform them of my change of address?

yes and ALL THE OTHERS ON YOUR CREDIT FILE.

as well as any utils etc and don't forget car V5C and Driving licence.

and they

Also I've renegotiated with my other credit and dropped them down to a certain amount so I can pay Tesco equally.

You shouldn't be paying your creditors equally but on a pro-rata basis which means you should split your disposable income between all of your creditors depending on how much you owe each one. The creditor you owe the most money to receives the largest proportion of your disposable income. There are calculators online which can calculate the repayments for you, just search for "non-priority debt calculator".

You should treat all of your creditors fairly, which means making repayments on a pro-rata basis, not doing so can result in a 'preference'. If you become insolvent in the future, Bankruptcy, IVA, DRO, Administration Order, any preferential payments to creditors can be reversed.

As an example, you owe Tesco £10,000, Barclays £5,000 and your brother £7,000. You choose to pay your brother £7,000 and offer Tesco and Barclays pro-rata payments from disposable income. If you then become insolvent, any transactions you have made (within time limits) will be scrutinised. In this scenario, you have made a preferential payment to your brother which can be reversed, leaving your brother liable to repay £7,000. The same applies to all creditors, any preferential payments to creditors can be reversed, resulting in you becoming liable for debts which you may think are already settled.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Got it all sorted and paying them on a pro-rata basis for the next few months.

They've also sent me a default notice and said the arrears on my account have to be paid within 28 days.

Is this just generic? Because they have acknowledged that I will be paying them pro-rata.

good they've sent a default notice

and no you don't have to pay the arrears by that date

then it gives them the OK to register a default after that date IF they want too

which is what you want.

as no-matter what now happens..

once the default IS registered

paid or not, paying or not...the account will vanish from your file in 6yrs.

doesn't mean it might not still be owed mind...

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

I've just received another stating I must pay the whole remaining balance in a week, otherwise they will send it to their recoveries department to work out a payment plan or send my account to a debt collector or put a default on my credit file.

I have already agreed a payment plan for 6 months, are these just generic letters or do I need to reply to them?

Thank you.

generic

and they

Ignore them. Theyre automatic and have no human input. You have a repayment plan in place. Stick to it without fail, and if a silly no powers DCA sends a letter , tell them to take a running jump, as a plan is in place, and any further communication by them will be ignored.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

• 2 years later...

Hi I hope all is well and wishing everyone a happy new year.

I've just received a letter from Tesco stating that the debt has now been ''passed to their DCA Moorcroft..'' and that I should await contact from them within the next few days.

Shall I still continue paying Tesco? Or wait and see what moorcroft say?

a dca is NOT a BAILIFF

and have 

ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter what its type.

you totally ignore them.

dx

and they

Thanks for the reply dx.

I noticed in another thread you mentioned that the poster should send a letter to the original lender stating that they do not want to deal with a DCA because they are abusive and threatening. Shall I proceed to do the same?

must be old.

dont ..never entertain a DCA in any silly letter tennis.

just gives them some feeling of grandeur.

dx

and they