style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2125 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have recently moved into a new build was just wondering how long it takes to band a property as we are still waiting to find out.

Good luck in the new House **Tilly** :)

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Depends on how long the valuation office take to band it - could be a few weeks, could be a few months.

Going into the second month now, no doubt the council will drop a bill through the door asking for the full amount ... i can see im going to have fun with this! :roll:

Going into the second month now, no doubt the council will drop a bill through the door asking for the full amount ... i can see im going to have fun with this! :roll:

The council tax charge will be backdated but you will be given instalments - if you're in England you can elect to have them spread through March (instead of the usual January cut-off). Council are stuck on this until the property is banded, they can't issue a demand notice until then.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the reply ss00 and for the late reply been a bit hectic this end him indoors has had a full knee replacement. Still not heard a word going into the 3rd month now, so paying over 12 months won't be an option unless they increase monthly payments to spread it out but I can't see that happening will carry on twiddling thumbs and feeding the piggy bank lol

you can poke the Valuations Agency with a stick if you wish. They will have a database of all the other properties from the time this was first done and they take into account square footage of floor area etc so will be able to give a good idea as to what yours will be.

Thanks for the reply ss00 and for the late reply been a bit hectic this end him indoors has had a full knee replacement. Still not heard a word going into the 3rd month now, so paying over 12 months won't be an option unless they increase monthly payments to spread it out but I can't see that happening will carry on twiddling thumbs and feeding the piggy bank lol

They would spread the balance over the remaining year, i.e. you get the remaining balance of the 12 months rather than just the remaining balance of the 10 months.

• 1 month later...

Thanks Termi and ss00 sorry for not replying sooner life got in the way. Looks like we are band B still nothing from the council phone lines constantly engaged will be paying them a visit soon I think.