Vanquis card, Can I obtain my data via SAR without the original account number

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2152 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I opened a credit card account with vanquis in September 2005 and stopped paying them around early 2008 as they were hammering me with charges and i'd pay them what they asked for and the next month there'd be another charge.

Obviously they must have defaulted the account and sold it on to lowell.

I've only recently been checking my credit file and noticed that the default date for the account is september 2013.

The cynic In me feels that lowell.s may have done a bit of sleight of hand with the default date as I doubt vanquis would have waited over 5 years to put the account in default.

I no longer have the account details for this, so is there a way I can Sar them without the account number and will this reveal the correct default date or would I need to request that seperately?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Rang vanquis today,

after much huffing and puffing and asking to speak to someone further up the food chain I managed to get my account number.

I cheekily asked if they could tell me the default date on the account but was told the office that deals with that was closed (bank holiday) but if i call back tomorrow they may be able to tell me.

I will send a sar anyway, if memory serves i'm positive the outstanding balance was made up of charges and interest accrued on said charges.

Will the sar give details of the default date or do I need to ask for it?

For anyone else contacting vanquis, I found it impossible to speak to someone via their automated service until I pressed 1 to report a card lost or stolen.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Lowell cant default any debt

only the OC can

and that would have been Vanquis before the sale.

now IF they've left it several years to do that

and IF you can do anything about that is debatable.

the ICO changed their guidelines in 2013/4 about defaults should be within 3-6mts from the 3rd missed payment

so for 2008 you should be ok to demand vanquish place the default at the correct date.

get the sar running

id wait till after GDPR comes in on the 25th of may then its free !!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...