style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi. Just need a quick advice.

I got a parking ticket long time ago which I became aware of when Equita got in touch.

I was surprised and agreed to a payment plan of £75 followed by two payments of £101.50.

Unfortunately I am between jobs and I failed to do last payment on 1st May.

Additionally I had my phone broken for few days.

I got it back on today after 3pm to find an sms saying bailiff is schedulded to visit me today at 8pm. So all 4 hours notice.

I called back the number and asked for a time till mid next week to pay it off but ofcourse it was a no go. I said that I am out of town and car is on HP anyway. I also found an information that I should be served a notice of enforcement 7 days before any action which Equita enforcement agent called a lie.

I found number of info online quoting Paragraph 7(1) of Schedule 12 of the Tribunals, Courts and Enforcement Act 2007 which requires such a notice. Which would be great as would give me enough time to come up with the money.

I called agent again and again he said it is simply not true and they do not need to do so and will be looking to clamp and size my car if I don't comply.

So how does it work.

Do I have to be served notice if enforcement or not?

Also meantime additional £235 will be presumably added to my debt if I don't pay before 8pm which is very worring as I won't be able to afford till next month. As his phone was busy later on I paid online £25 of remaining £101.50 as it is the only amount I could afford.

I know they are operating anpr vans in my city and I am very worried as I need car to commute. Simply no car no job.

How do I stay safe till I am able to pay?

Park 300 yards from address?

Asda car park?

are they able to track where I work and look for my car there?

Am I to pay £231 as well?

Thank you for any usefully info.

Also would they perform HP check before clamping if car was to be found?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

1st lets resit this...

why did you get no further notification upon the old PCN?

as for the notice of enforcement

you must of gotten that in the 1st place when the bailiff 1st contacted you.+£75

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

but you would have gotten the notice of enforcement when you 1st got contacted by equita?

how did they 1st contact you?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

By letter.

I can't remember what was it called and probably won't be able to find it now as it was 3 months ago or so.

Even if it was that notice but there was a payment plan in place and by now I paid 80% of the debt, does it count ?

Isn't there any expiry date?

And honestly I don't recall it being that.

i think it was just a letter saying what I owe and what for and to contact them to arrange payments.

By letter.

I can't remember what was it called and probably won't be able to find it now as it was 3 months ago or so.

I think it was just a letter saying what I owe and what for and to contact them to arrange payments.

It was clearly a Notice of Enforcement that you received. A payment proposal appears to have been set up. If you default on the payment arrangement (which you appear to have done), the regrettably, the case will be passed to an individual enforcement agent. An enforcement fee of £235 may be charge to you. This fee may be charged when the visit is actually made......and not beforehand.

So it looks like they didn't visit today as I found no proof of that. With long weekend ahead when could I expect their attempt?

I would suspect that bailiff activity wise, this weekend is likely to be the most busiest this year. Unlike the Easter holidays, when many people were not at home as they were taking holidays etc, and the weather was foul, this weekend is probably going to be one where homeowners are tending to their gardens....and most importantly, because of the nice weather...they tend to leave doors open etc.

Bailiff are permitted to work on Sundays from 6am to 9pm.