PCN Smart Parking Haven Banks Exeter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a PCN for spending 21 minutes in a car park in a town I don't know well.

I had pulled into the car park to answer a phone call on my mobile - I was in my daughters car so didn't have hands free. As I was then pulled over I rang home to check on the kids, and then rang my husband to see where he was _ I was suppose to be picking him up from town. He didn't know where he was so said he would find a road sign and ring me back.

I drove round the car park a few times - tried to get my bearings - find the exit, work out what road I was on. He finally rang me back, gave me instructions about where he was, I explained where I was - we arranged where I would pick him up - 21 mins in total as it turned out.

As I didn't actually park up ( what is the definition of parking?). I didn't buy a ticket, and also only meant to pull in whilst taking/making a calls which was the safe thing to do. Didn't think to buy a ticket ...stupid I know. Now I have a PCN. I wrote back , enclosed a cheque for a pound to cover parking. Fine was £90!!!!! Didn't lodge an appeal with POPLA.

Now gone to a debt recovery and have 28 days to reply. Do I let this run-on to county court?? Do I put a late appeal in? Help. I was ignoring it and judging by the other posts it was better to try and resolve it again. What do you think please?

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

If you mean Debt Recovery Plus then their involvement is actually positive for you. Such companies don't own the "debt", they are paper tigers who can only write scary letters. They have no legal power whatsoever. You can ignore their nonsense.

Others more knowledgeable than me will be on in the morning, but I suspect they will want to see exactly what you wrote to the parking company, if you could post that up it would be helpful.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

so you say it was daughters car, did she get the nTK through the post and when you sent a £1 who did they write to, you or the keeper (daughter)? The answer to this makes a big difference.

They use ANPR capture on the entry and exit so they have no idea how long you were actually parked, if at all so that also goes in your fsvour. We will need to know the entry/exit times to advise on this bit further but be assured, this car park is well known and the parking co always get something wrong so back down eventually

Edited by honeybee13
Paras