Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : May 2006

Default HALIFAX PPI Questionaire

hi all,

I used halifaxicon website to submit my PPIicon complaint.

they correctly discovered my old loan and credit card 2004/6 and sent me a 7 page questionaire to complete and gave me six weeks to do so... I just had a text msg to say three weeks later they are still waiting

questions:
    can they really give me timescales to complete their form?
    do i really need to complete their form... can i send them a completed fosicon form which requires much less information?
    shouldnt i send them one SARicon for full statement for each acciunt?

any help would be gratefully received

zubo

Follows
    Following

Default Re: HALIFAX PPI Questionaire

SARicon is for ALL the info they hold on you!
    but await until GDRP kicks in after the 25th the SAr is Free

no use the fosicon form!!

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Default need fos questionairre

hi all

Not sure why but ive downloaded fosicon questionarre and using windows 10 and word 2016 i simply cannot enter data into it... it claims the document is protected but i have tried everything i know ... i am an experienced it pro... and its all locked down..

has anyone got an unprotected copy or maybe a CAGicon one...

btw can some kind adminicon person change my permissions to post in the libraryicon.... many thanks

Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Default Re: need fos questionairre

Sorry but we don't allow caggers to post in the libraryicon. If you think that there is a document we should be there then please let us know.

Please can you post a link to the fosicon document that you are having difficulty with.

Sometimes these protected documents need to be saved onto your own PC under a slightly different name. Have you tried this?

Warning: I use dictation software. Beware of homophones!
    Have you read our dealing with customer services guide?
    Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

All attribution rights and moral rights in my copyright work are asserted
    Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

You have to click " enable editing " in the yellow bar at the top of the doc (protective view)

Download the Doc version not PDFicon and then save as PDFicon once completed.

Attached Files Attached Files
    We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING
    EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Quote Originally Posted by BankFodder View Post
    Sorry but we don't allow caggers to post in the libraryicon. If you think that there is a document we should be there then please let us know.

Please can you post a link to the fosicon document that you are having difficulty with.

Sometimes these protected documents need to be saved onto your own PC under a slightly different name. Have you tried this?
    thanks Bankfodder ... the Library access makes a lot of sense...

link is here http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.u...s.html#forms-2
    form is attached

thanks

ppiq.doc

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Default ppi questionairre advice please

hi all

i am working through the fosicon PPIicon questionnaire and worried about a question about

c4 have you missed any payment...

in the period concerned 2004-2007 i struggled with excessive debt and across 12 or more accounts or loans i stopped paying and issued letters citing unlawful agreements. for the best part of ten years i was inundated with collection demands.

so although for a few years i paid ppi ... i left a lot of debt they had to write off.

so my question really is ... will this affect any ppi repayment or are they obliged to repay me ppi regardless of outstanding balances??

i have had questionairres sent to me by halifaxicon for a loan and plan to use fos questionnaire... i am planning to reply as follows

I managed to pay 30 months and then could mo longer afford to pay, Halifax collecters hounded me for money I did not have causing me distress.

any advice gratefully received

Follows
    Following

if the oc still own the debt
    they could off set

PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HITTING 'REPLY WITH QUOTE' IF YOU ARE SIMPLY REPLYING TO THE LAST POST IN A THREAD..JUST TYPE!!
    it makes a thread twice as long to scroll through..save data download times and costs
    If you want advice please PM me a link to your thread. PM advice is not allowed!!
    DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

Default How do i claim split PPI?

Hi all

In 2004 I took out a loan with halifaxicon where the PPIicon was added to the loan.

So i paid for 18 months before i couldn't afford any more...

In 2013 the balance of 7000 had been sold to 1st crediticon now Intrum... they took me to court... i agreed to pay... paid 6 months at 450 then offered a final 5000 in Full and finalicon acceptance which was accepted.

So who do I claim this final portion of PPI from???

thanks

Follows
    Following

Blog Entries

Default Re: How do i claim split PPI?

When you say they took you to court, did they get a judgement? Did you defend? How was the agreement made?

The people you will claim against will be the original creditors – halifaxicon. How much were the PPIicon payments?

Can you tell us more about the 7000 debt? Some of this was comprised of the PPI payments. Some of this was comprised of the interest on the PPI payments. Some of this was probably charges. Please can you tell us about these and their values.

Have you paid the 5000?

Also, you took out the loan in 2004. You paid for only 18 months. This means that by 2006 you had stopped paying. Had you paid anything between 2006 and 2013?

Please don't pm me about specific questions unless you have posted and it has not been dealt with or unless the matter is confidential.

Advice & opinions of BankFodder, The Consumer Action Group and The Bank Action Group are offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.
    Follows
    Following

You claim as normal from the OC

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

thanks dx...

Bankfodder... sincere apologies but i struggle to remember things these days and i am no longer that well documented....
    however here is my best recollection...
    i ran into serious difficulties in 2007 and gradually stopped all payments to a dozen or so businesses... i am not proud of it... in fact im ashamed of my inability to pay any of my deby.... so i managed to fend off collectors and everyone lost interest about 2010... except halifaxicon who sold the debt.

first crediticon engaged judge and priestly, they took me to court, my defence was 6 yearsicon had expired but they shot that down because it hadn't apparently... they got full judgement... i agreed a repayment of 450 per month paid for 5 months then offered 5000 accepted and paid...

yesterday judge & priestley confirmed judgement was for 7223.56 and payments i made. i have the copies sent by Halifax of the agreement and payments made... the apr was 9.3% the proportion of PPIicon to monthly payment was 0.19 and total ppi charged for loan was 3261.60 ... so the final amount in my spreadsheet adjusts the 5000 final payment to claim only the total on the agreement.

can you please check and confirm all ok

thanks

Follows
    Following

Blog Entries

Someone else will have to look at your spreadsheet to understand it more fully because I'm not sufficiently clever at this kind of stuff to deal with it.

However, what concerns me is that you are pursued for a debt but which included mis-soldicon PPI premiums plus interest so that in fact a certain amount of the debt was not valid because it was comprised of money which had been misappropriated from you. It might even be possible to say that had you not been burdened with misappropriated PPI premiums, that you might have managed the debt.

From what I can see of your spreadsheet, you seem to be saying that there was 45.30 being charged per month was that the PPI premium? You seem to be saying that there was a total of PPI plus interest on it of 6526.13 p. This how much money you think you are entitled to recover?

What was the date of the judgement? Is it on your credit file?

Follows
    Following

scan up the agreement to PDFicon please
    read uploadicon

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

dx100uk... i will do it tomorrow... i have grandkids to feed... all cooks have gone walkabout...

Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder

dx100uk

apologies for the delay... please note the way i was guided through signing where the boxes i had to sign were marked with a X ... i ha no choice to sign the no thanks to PPIicon

Follows
    Following

Ping me later been buzy
    Dx

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

zubo

LOAN 13,160.16+3,261.60=16421. 76 total

PPIicon% = total cost for PPI / total cost for loan X 100 = %

PPI%=3261.60/16421.76*100=19.86%

for your 228.08 paymentsthat 45.30
    and ofcourse that % of any other payments made

worthy to note they WERE regulated by GISC

DX
    RIP Martin3030

Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details