• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2133 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi all,

I used halifax website to submit my ppi complaint.

they correctly discovered my old loan and credit card 2004/6 and sent me a 7 page questionaire to complete and gave me six weeks to do so... I just had a text msg to say three weeks later they are still waiting

questions:

can they really give me timescales to complete their form?

do i really need to complete their form... can i send them a completed fos form which requires much less information?

shouldnt i send them one sar for full statement for each acciunt?

any help would be gratefully received

zubo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sar is for ALL the info they hold on you!

but await until GDRP kicks in after the 25th the SAr is Free

no use the FOS form!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hi all

Not sure why but ive downloaded fos questionarre and using windows 10 and word 2016 i simply cannot enter data into it... it claims the document is protected but i have tried everything i know ... i am an experienced it pro... and its all locked down..

has anyone got an unprotected copy or maybe a cag one...

btw can some kind admin person change my permissions to post in the library.... many thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry but we don't allow caggers to post in the library. If you think that there is a document we should be there then please let us know.

Please can you post a link to the FOS document that you are having difficulty with.

Sometimes these protected documents need to be saved onto your own PC under a slightly different name. Have you tried this?

You have to click " enable editing " in the yellow bar at the top of the doc (protective view)

Download the Doc version not PDF and then save as PDF once completed.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Sorry but we don't allow caggers to post in the library. If you think that there is a document we should be there then please let us know.

Please can you post a link to the FOS document that you are having difficulty with.

Sometimes these protected documents need to be saved onto your own PC under a slightly different name. Have you tried this?

thanks Bankfodder ... the Library access makes a lot of sense...

link is here http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/ppi/im-looking-for-your-ppi-forms.html#forms-2

form is attached

thanks

ppiq.doc

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

hi all

i am working through the fos ppi questionnaire and worried about a question about

c4 have you missed any payment...

in the period concerned 2004-2007 i struggled with excessive debt and across 12 or more accounts or loans i stopped paying and issued letters citing unlawful agreements. for the best part of ten years i was inundated with collection demands.

so although for a few years i paid ppi ... i left a lot of debt they had to write off.

so my question really is ... will this affect any ppi repayment or are they obliged to repay me ppi regardless of outstanding balances??

i have had questionairres sent to me by Halifax for a loan and plan to use fos questionnaire... i am planning to reply as follows

I managed to pay 30 months and then could mo longer afford to pay, Halifax collecters hounded me for money I did not have causing me distress.

any advice gratefully received

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

if the oc still own the debt

they could off set

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi all

In 2004 I took out a loan with Halifax where the PPI was added to the loan.

So i paid for 18 months before i couldn't afford any more...

In 2013 the balance of £7000 had been sold to 1st Credit now Intrum... they took me to court... i agreed to pay... paid 6 months at 450 then offered a final £5000 in full and final acceptance which was accepted.

So who do I claim this final portion of PPI from???

thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

When you say they took you to court, did they get a judgement? Did you defend? How was the agreement made?

The people you will claim against will be the original creditors – Halifax. How much were the PPI payments?

Can you tell us more about the £7000 debt? Some of this was comprised of the PPI payments. Some of this was comprised of the interest on the PPI payments. Some of this was probably charges. Please can you tell us about these and their values.

Have you paid the £5000?

Also, you took out the loan in 2004. You paid for only 18 months. This means that by 2006 you had stopped paying. Had you paid anything between 2006 and 2013?

You claim as normal from the OC

and they

thanks dx...

Bankfodder... sincere apologies but i struggle to remember things these days and i am no longer that well documented....

however here is my best recollection...

i ran into serious difficulties in 2007 and gradually stopped all payments to a dozen or so businesses... i am not proud of it... in fact im ashamed of my inability to pay any of my deby.... so i managed to fend off collectors and everyone lost interest about 2010... except Halifax who sold the debt.

first credit engaged judge and priestly, they took me to court, my defence was 6 years had expired but they shot that down because it hadn't apparently... they got full judgement... i agreed a repayment of £450 per month paid for 5 months then offered £5000 accepted and paid...

yesterday judge & priestley confirmed judgement was for £7223.56 and payments i made. i have the copies sent by Halifax of the agreement and payments made... the apr was 9.3% the proportion of ppi to monthly payment was 0.19 and total ppi charged for loan was £3261.60 ... so the final amount in my spreadsheet adjusts the 5000 final payment to claim only the total on the agreement.

can you please check and confirm all ok

thanks

CISheet v101.xls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Someone else will have to look at your spreadsheet to understand it more fully because I'm not sufficiently clever at this kind of stuff to deal with it.

However, what concerns me is that you are pursued for a debt but which included mis-sold PPI premiums plus interest so that in fact a certain amount of the debt was not valid because it was comprised of money which had been misappropriated from you. It might even be possible to say that had you not been burdened with misappropriated PPI premiums, that you might have managed the debt.

From what I can see of your spreadsheet, you seem to be saying that there was £45.30 being charged per month – was that the PPI premium? You seem to be saying that there was a total of PPI plus interest on it of £6526.13 p. This how much money you think you are entitled to recover?

What was the date of the judgement? Is it on your credit file?

scan up the agreement to PDF please

read upload

and they

dx100uk

apologies for the delay... please note the way i was guided through signing where the boxes i had to sign were marked with a X ... i ha no choice to sign the no thanks to ppi

agreement.pdf

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ping me later been buzy

Dx

and they

zubo

LOAN 13,160.16+3,261.60=16421.76 total

PPI% = total cost for PPI / total cost for loan X 100 = %

PPI%=3261.60/16421.76*100=19.86%

for your £228.08 paymentsthat £45.30

and ofcourse that % of any other payments made

worthy to note they WERE regulated by GISC

and they