Aged Lowell/ Edf Debt Out Of The Blue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I have now received 3 letters in the last two weeks for a small 'debt' by Lowell on behalf of EDF.

This supposed debt (£71.15) on the letter for 'outstanding balance' states a date range between '22.5.13 to 4.6.15 ( this was the entire term of my account with EDF I believe.)

These letters arrived out of the blue.

The account for utilities at EDF which ended at April '15 I think judging by old emails I have.

Ive had no letters or other communications from EDF in the last 5 years that Im aware of about this alleged debt.

Surely this must be some kind of fishing trip?

Why would any company suddenly start sending letters for a bill Ive never received?

The letter just says 'payment due', frankly I find this ridiculous and I am pretty sure my account was clear before moving on to Co-OP;

Co-op completely messed up my account due to their complete system collapse when taking over from EDF.

So far I have just ignored the letters.

you are not alone of recent

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

chances are the back billing rules kill this so dont bother saying anything to lowells, they can do nothing anyway. If EDF continue to try their luck let them know that you will be going down this route when you complain to the ombudsman and will be seeking some contribution to your costs fro doing so from them.

Typical of lowlifes to chance their luck with this, back billing rules would most certainly kill it in its tracks.

Personally I'd not give it another minutes thought, get on with your life, if they rear their ugly mug again, then go to town on them....

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!