Back Billing - Flow Energy / AIC Debt Collection letter

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2154 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello...Had gas/electric supplied by Flow Energy until 6th May 2017 before switching to another company. Final bill issued by Flow Energy 13th June 2017 - advised they would take final d/d 14 days later.

Have now received a letter on 2/5/18 from Allied Credit International Ltd from Glasgow stating that the amount is due. (Also, letter dated 23/4/18 but not received until 2/5/18).

Have checked bank thoroughly and Flow Energy never took the final direct debit as they said they would at end of June 2017.

Also never received any communication at any point from Flow Energy since that email in June 2017 when they advised they would take the final d/d at end of June 2017 i.e. no chase /reminder etc etc.

Now concerned I have a DCA after me, and that credit score may be marked also :|

They are just under the 12month rule on backbilling that I have read about on Ofcom website but unsure if Flow energy even agreed to that voluntary charter.

Who do I speak to - Allied? But assuming they have just 'bought' the debt. Or do I contact Flow Energy and complain?

I had no issue about payng it at the time but thought it had been paid and am annoyed to now have this thrown at me randomly nearly a year later - and especially having a DCA involved!!

Any leg to stand on?!

DCA's are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO legal powers.

and you NEVER EVER speak to them anyway..

ignore the powerless DCA

talk to flow

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes, I'm sure it must be a bit of a shock. It is extremely unfair. However, they are just within the 12 months and so they would be entitled to charge it – assuming that the charge is correct.

What is concerning is that they have a DCA involved. Have you checked your credit file?

You need to bear in mind that their version may be that they have been writing to you and that you haven't responded. I suggest that you read our customer services guide and that after you have implemented the advice there that you telephone them and try to find out what is going on. On 25 May – in about 20 days time, I would suggest sending them an SAR in order to get all the information they have on you and then you can build up a proper picture.

Thank you for your advice.

Yes I am fairly certain the charge is correct but I am going to double check it.

I will avoid the DCA and deal with Flow directly.

Thank you also for the customer services guide link.

I am going to have to do a credit file check next as concerned about that and another point to bring up if it has gone on there.

If they refuse to deal directly saying they have passed it on then they have failed to mitigate their loss and that means they wont be able to enforce the debt. No one is legally bound to pay anyone other then the creditor (SELLING the debt on is another matter but they havent)