Xercise4less and Debt Collector....again!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2177 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I'm in a similar boat to others.

I was stupid not to read the small print and cancelled my gym membership in December 2017.

Since then I've been plagued by calls and texts and now electronic messaged left on my voicemail.

I am tempted to write to CRS but am reluctant to start. I'm wary of giving them my address but I'm sure Xercise4less must have it as I had a contract with them. I think my fees are now up to about £200!!

Should I continue to ignore it or send them a letter asking them to stop?

Thanks in advance for advice

no you send the slick132 letter and offer the 1mts payment you should of paid.

ignoring anyone claiming you owe them money AND not updating them with your CORRECT address is a sure fire way to get a backdoor CCJ.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Camjay and welcome to CAG

You MUST give Harlands/CRS your current address if you've moved, so you always know what they're up to. If you haven't moved at all, Harlands/CRS will no doubt start to write

You say, "I think my fees are now up to about £200!!" - this will include increasing amounts of admin fees which they cannot enforce. The £200 may be real to Harlands but not to anyone else.

But before doing anything, let us know :-

1. Date you joined the gym.

2. Date your DD was normally paid each month.

3. Date your last DD was paid to Harlands.

4. Was there any reason that would allow you to cancel (read the guide here about this - https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?452671-Cancelling-your-Gym-Agreement-Get-it-right-!&p=4795305&viewfull=1#post4795305 )

5. If you spoke to gym staff about cancelling, did they tell you how to cancel or what to do.

In the meantime, ignore all calls or text msgs from Harlands/CRS - they'll do nothing for now that needs your attention.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)