10 years with Neighbours from Hell on Benefits...damage my property, council/police never helped

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought my semi detatched house about 5 years ago, the house next door at the time was empty. So I thought it was a good enough area and I would not have any problems.

After 6 months the neighbours on social security moved in next door, the word chav is best to describe them......one of them have been in jail for robbery and gbh, he is a teenager, the rest of the family not good as well. if you think of shameless that would describe them!

I spent £1200 on fencing so they could not walk into my rear garden and start smoking in the garden shed (which I have since thrown out)

When they moved in they started playing loud music, their children would bring their teenage friends and they will drink and play loud music. They burn fires in the rear garden and have started to damage the fencing which i put up

one of the children broke my bedroom window about 3 years ago and i reported it to the police at the time that i suspected the neighbours.

i installed central heating about 2 years ago, which cost nearly £3000.

At the rear of my house their is a massive field from which thiefs at night walk through and enter the rear gardens of the houses and break into the house that way.

About a week ago, I was out of the house for a few days and when I returned I found

my rear patio door glass panel broken, the lock damaged

all the radiotors ripped off the walls

all the copper piping with the central heating stolen inc under the floor boards

2 giant holes in the ceiling where the piping was pushed through

I reported it to the police who came to my house, they found my radiotors behind the fence in the rear garden - in the waste land.

The only people that knew I was away was the next door neighbour, even the police told me it must be the neighbour but there is no proof.

I am now installing a metal security grill on the inside of the patio door - as the doors open outwards into the garden.

installing security grill over the kitchen window

Can anyone tell me..............

is there a good cctv system that I can use which my sister can watch from her house which is 5 miles away? I am often away due to work, I dont have internet at the house.

How can I find out who the owner of the wasteland behind my house so i can sue them for not fencing off the wasteland and allowing fridges, washing machines, needles and lots of household waste to be thrown behind my rear garden fence?

The waste land has an illegal pathway that runs into the next door neighbours rear garden, even if it was not there robbers can walk through the wasteland and enter any house from the rear gardens under darkness

Which is a good alarm that can detect broken glass in case someone tries to break into my house again

I have had lots of dirty nappies, bottles and rubbish thrown into my garden by the neighburs

they have also damaged my fence from their side of the garden

they have damaged 1 concrete post in the rear garden which the fences fits in

legally can i get the next door neighbours landlord details and take him to court for letting his tenants damage my property?

how can i get details of the person the owns the waste land and force them to put up security fencing across the entire wasteland field to stop people walking through it - its a danger and health hazard, with fridges, tyres bottles, needles and household rubbish thrown into it

How can I get the landlord details - I asked the neighbour once and she refused to provide the details

Can I take the next door neighbour landlord to court or even take the neighbours to court?

please please help, i am a single lady at home and i don't know what to do, the police wont really help me

I am now too scared to move back into the house and have put my house up for rent and moved in with my sister, i need to get the wasteland owner to fence up the wasteland and get a good cctv system which i can hide somewhere in the house (as i dont have a internet so cant use an IP or internet cctv system) and catch the people because i know it will happen again, now they now i have moved out and put my house up for rent

Edited by Purpleflowers 2

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are there other neighbours who have a similar concern ? If so, it might be an idea to set up a neighbourhood group in order to petition the police and local council.

I am not sure how you would find out who the landlord is. Are there similar rented properties locally, perhaps they have the same landlord?

I would imagine that you would have to get the Local Council or Health and Safety involved in the flytipping on the wasteland - presumably you would have to track down the owner in order to petition them as well.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

A reasonable cctv system by samsung for about 4-500 quid and a safe for about £40 to put hard drive in bolted down on concrete would be my solution, system I have is

4 cameras. don`t know about wireless relay for that distance though.

Hope more help comes along soon.

Are there other neighbours who have a similar concern ? If so, it might be an idea to set up a neighbourhood group in order to petition the police and local council.

I am not sure how you would find out who the landlord is. Are there similar rented properties locally, perhaps they have the same landlord?

I would imagine that you would have to get the Local Council or Health and Safety involved in the flytipping on the wasteland - presumably you would have to track down the owner in order to petition them as well.

They has several break ins ever since i moved in 4 years ago, but the problem is nobody is brave enough to tell the police because once my neighbours find out or see the someine else talking to the police then my neighbours will break or have someone break into that persons house to teach them a lesson.

Another lady that lives to my left she had her house broken into and now has the metal spiked security fencing in her rear garden that you see in commercial properties

the issue is getting the name and address of the owner of the wasteland and getting the council or health and safety involved, i told them before but they took no action against my neighbours and now I am too scared to live at home.

i have now put my house up for rent and moved in with my sister

A reasonable cctv system by samsung for about 4-500 quid and a safe for about £40 to put hard drive in bolted down on concrete would be my solution, system I have is

4 cameras. don`t know about wireless relay for that distance though.

Hope more help comes along soon.

i've put my house up for rent and moved out, after all thats happened i'm too scared to move back in and i cant sell the house because i will lose money.

what is the samsung cctv system with the hard drive?

even if i bought a safe that would be stolen as well by the robbers

Samsung SDE3170E 4 Camera CCTV Kit -Includes Screen!

(Memory Options: 500GB (+£0.00), Internet Set-Up: No)

SAM KIT 1 £389.00 GBP £389.00 GBP

Subtotal: £389.00 GBP

Shipping: £0.00 GBP

VAT: £77.80 GBP

Grand Total: £466.80 GBP

CCTVdirect

http://www.cctvdirect.co.uk/

Thats the one I got but contact a supplier and ask them, I had one from Maplin but it lasted less than a year!

report the Fly Tipping to Environmental Health at the Council, same for noise nusience from neighbours. Not sure that the owner of the waste land can be made to fence it off, could it be common land?

To find out who owns the land contact the land registry they will be able to help you if the land is registerd which it may well be.

If the land is common land the council will have it on a register.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Thanks, I will report the fly tipping to environmnetal health at the council and the same for the noise.

the land behind my garden is a massive field massive field, i have pasted the google street map link so you can see the land and the pathway that people have illegally created that goes to the back of my rear garden, see

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=bd5+7ry&hl=en&ll=53.780965,-1.75056&spn=0.007075,0.01929&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=7.245305,19.753418&hnear=BD5+7RY,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=53.780881,-1.750536&panoid=_CCjYR2TJfC3ThSEJIrZ0g&cbp=12,37.34,,0,-0.92

You can see the pathway and also the massive size of the land behind my house

if anyone reading this knows how to find out details of the owner of the land please help

report the Fly Tipping to Environmental Health at the Council, same for noise nusience from neighbours. Not sure that the owner of the waste land can be made to fence it off, could it be common land?

To find out who owns the land contact the land registry they will be able to help you if the land is registerd which it may well be.

If the land is common land the council will have it on a register.

since i have now moved out of my house, does anyone know a good outside cctv camera with built in dvr recording that does not need mains power supply and is motion activated?

i've put the house for rent so don't want a dvr recorder in the house in case the tenants mess around with it, anyone know of a good setup i can use given the circumstances with me not living at the house and with tenants there?

o.k, what details do i need to give to the land registry can i give them the google street view and what action can be taken against the owner of the land to force them to secure with with fencing

Contact the land Registry to find out who owns the land.

Looking at the picture there is a chance that it is land owned by the council, if not and it is common land they will have a register.

Maplin/Makro do the multi camera type system you suggest - although an IP style camera can be accessed as an internet site remotely, for far less. All need power.

The land owner is unlikely to be under any obligation to fence as as I recall its normally only required to control livestock.

Check if the property is registered with Landlord Registration Scheme as it should return a manager rather than owner. If registration is required and policed by your council, then that may fix the problem on its own.

As AB says the Land Registry will have details of owners of both. If theres no change since ?1925? there's a chance it wont show.

Maplin/Makro do the multi camera type system you suggest - although an IP style camera can be accessed as an internet site remotely, for far less. All need power.

The land owner is unlikely to be under any obligation to fence as as I recall its normally only required to control livestock.

Check if the property is registered with Landlord Registration Scheme as it should return a manager rather than owner. If registration is required and policed by your council, then that may fix the problem on its own.

As AB says the Land Registry will have details of owners of both. If theres no change since ?1925? there's a chance it wont show.

If the land is being used to cause a nuisence, its possible there is some legislation or by law that could be used to force the Owner to take steps to secure it. i am sure, if people were using it to take drugs and leaving needles etc lying around, then for example they might be legally forced to fence it to protect local children, and to stop the place being used for "crime"

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

The land is being used to access peoples houses at night from the rear, break into peoples houses at night and then make the escape through the wasteland, thats what happend to me and other people.

the neighbour is using the land to dump rubbish like fridges and household and so are other people.

fires are lit, needles, dirty nappies...............etc are being thrown on that

i wanto to legally force the landowner be it private or the council to have all the wasteland fenced out to stop all this happening and stop people using the field to break into the rear of the houses

1st step i will do is speak to the land registry and see what they give me

If the land is being used to cause a nuisence, its possible there is some legislation or by law that could be used to force the Owner to take steps to secure it. i am sure, if people were using it to take drugs and leaving needles etc lying around, then for example they might be legally forced to fence it to protect local children, and to stop the place being used for "crime"

if its council or private can i legally force them to fence it off

Contact the land Registry to find out who owns the land.

Looking at the picture there is a chance that it is land owned by the council, if not and it is common land they will have a register.

this is the illegal pathway that leads to the rear of the tenants home and my home, the entire waste land must be legally fenced off regardless of who owns the land council or private

thiefs use the pathway to break into empty homes in the street, so it must be legally fenced off inc all the wasteland, please advise

Layla-83 before any action can be taken against anyone you must find out who owns the land, as far as I am aware there is no legislation that would force the fencing off of a peice of land just because it is used by allegedly by people to access and break into properties or to dump rubbish.

Fly tipping is a matter for your EH department and prosecutions of offenders is possible when they can be identified.

A fence would not necessarally stop it being used as a short cut or pathway unless it was extremely high and solid,( and the other residents may have somthing to say about that).

i can see that you are obviously very upset about this but you do need to try and find the owners and have a word with them to see if they are prepared to do anything.

• 2 weeks later...

the council have refused to give me details of who owns the massive wasteland behind my house, see

http://goo.gl/maps/sHPA

Why is the council refusing to help me at all.it only needs a 4ft fence to stop people using the pathway that leads to my rear garden, so why cant they provide that?

The actual entrance for the illegal pathway would only reuquire a 3ft or 4ft fence see the entrance of the pathway that leads to the back of my house

http://goo.gl/maps/PR2a

also looking for a under £200 dvr cam system which is good?a

shall i contact the local councillors now since the council has refused to help me, they have said the highways team cant help and secure the pathway by putting up a 4ft wide fence, what a disgrace, why pay council tax to only be treated like this

I have the dates of all the times my house has been damaged and broken into, the dates and reference numbers for crimestoppers and the police.

I want to write a letter before action to the landowner of the wasteland, similar to the letter that

BRIGADIER2JCS user-online.pnghas written on this thread http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?356583-Dampness-caused-by-neighbours-property, i think that will give the landowner a wake u call and get them to block the pathway.

i think the council own the land or a private landowner which is why they have refused to help me and provide details of who owns the land

Have you contacted the Land registry yet? there is no point in writing an LBA unless you know who to send it to, if the council dont own the land why should they put up a fence? the council may not own the land in which case they probably wont tell you who owns it (even if they know) you really need to contact the land registry as i have said before.

I have also got to say that to just keep saying that you have details of breakins etc is not really relevent, you have asked how to find out who owns the land and until you do find this out there is not much else you can do, this forum cannot find out those details for you, people on here can only advise at the end of the day it is up to you if you take the advice or not.

Edited by assisted blonde

I went to the directgove site to find a link for the land registry site, I have found the following link

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/homeandcommunity/buyingandsellingyourhome/buyingyourhome/dg_10026643

Since its waste land, it does not have a postcode, as far as i know the land appears to be owned by the council, this is what I have found so far

http://www.bradford.gov.uk/NR/rdonlyres/EE6C28BC-59DD-416C-AF8D-4DB48651041C/0/ForSaleUpperCastleStreet.pdf

It appears the land is owned by the council as its for sale on their web site, now what can be done?

I have also found the following link

http://www.pugh-auctions.com/Lot/Leeds/20101019/149

The council has registered title to the land, see below

http://www.planning4bradford.com/online-applications/files/7766197CC26B733FE4CBB7DF067505CE/pdf/12_02491_OUT-APPLICATION_FORM-3545040.pdf

It confirms in this document "the council as landowners"

http://www.planning4bradford.com/online-applications/files/042AE85BF25FB58B0356EF858EE10295/pdf/12_02491_OUT-DESIGN___ACCESS_STATEMENT-3551966.pdf

Does this document prove the council own the land, see below

http://www.planning4bradford.com/online-applications/files/7766197CC26B733FE4CBB7DF067505CE/pdf/12_02491_OUT-APPLICATION_FORM-3545040.pdf

The council are refusing to help and have told me their highways team does not maintain the land and they can't help me, they are trying to fob me off

If i can 100% confirm the land is council owned I can the sue the council since the wasteland appears to be owned by them which is being used for fly tipping and they have refused to block the entrance for the safety of the children that live nearby

can i send my bill for all the damages that i have incurred to my property as a result of the council not fencing off the land?

Have you contacted the Land registry yet? there is no point in writing an LBA unless you know who to send it to, if the council dont own the land why should they put up a fence? the council may not own the land in which case they probably wont tell you who owns it (even if they know) you really need to contact the land registry as i have said before.

I have also got to say that to just keep saying that you have details of breakins etc is not really relevent, you have asked how to find out who owns the land and until you do find this out there is not much else you can do, this forum cannot find out those details for you, people on here can only advise at the end of the day it is up to you if you take the advice or not.