Letting agent arranging viewings whilst I'm not in?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2156 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I wonder if someone can help me with this

I am coming to the end of my tenancy and will not be renewing with my current letting agent. They have told me they will start arranging viewings within the next month, and that they will give me 48 hour notice prior to each viewing.

I work 9-5PM and would much rather be in the property while someone is viewing it however they have told me no, and that they will enter whatever time is best for the potential new tenants. Is there anything I can do about this?

There is a clause in my tenancy agreement that says I allow the landlord or letting agents or anyone with written permission from the landlord to enter the property at "reasonable" times of the day providing they have given 48 hours notice.

Do I have a leg to stand on here? I would much rather they arranged the viewings while I am at the property?

Many thanks for any advice!

Does your lease have a clause like specifically dealing with re-letting at the end of a tenancy? (this one from the official government model lease wording on gov.uk)

Access for the purposes of selling or re-letting the property

6.2 Provided the Landlord has given the Tenant at least 24 hours’ prior notice in writing, the Tenant must give the Landlord (or any person acting on behalf of the Landlord) access to the Property at reasonable times of day in the following circumstances for the purposes specified:

(a) where the Tenant has given notice under clause F2 (Tenant’s rolling 3 month break clause), to show prospective tenants or purchasers, letting agents or estate agents around the Property, but only during the last 3 months of the Tenancy;

(b) where the Landlord has served a notice on the Tenant under clause F3 stating his intention to sell the property, to show estate agents or prospective purchasers around the Property; and

© during the last month of the Tenancy, for any of the purposes mentioned in paragraph (a) above.

If so it would depend how "at reasonable times of day" is interpreted. Ultimately a court would have to decide that. I have no idea if a court has ruled on the meaning of "at reasonable times of day" in this context. Someone else might know. I doubt if it means "at a time the tenant prefers" and no doubt the landlord would argue that "reasonable" needs to take into account when potential new tenants are available to view.

Thread moved to the appropriate forum.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

The property is still your home until you hand the keys in..

and no matter what is in the tenancy agreement, you do not have to let people into your home when you are not there...

If the agency is getting shirty I would change the locks and not let them have the key. Tell them what you have done, and tell them that the locks will be change back at the end of the tenancy.

Provided you that and don't damage the lock in any way, there is nothing that any one can do about it.

Tell them that anytime you are in is fine....

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(