Housing association demands instant access to property

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In our contacts, it says we must give access to our properties when required.

The Housing Act 1988 states "In accordance with the Housing Act 1988, your landlord or letting agent must notify you in writing at least 24 hours before they wish to enter your home".

They're not giving notice and are sending people without notice and then sending tenants letters when the tenants turn them away due to it being a bad time.

I'm guessing the law overrules the landlord?

Which housing association is this?

Most, if not all, tenancy agreements require at least a minimum 24 hours notice to the tenant that they wish to enter the property.

Your LA will be able to 'educate' them.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Well get onto your LA (council) and ask them for advice, as they police all social housing landlords, inform them that your LL is acting outside of their remit in turning up unannounced at tenants proerties demanidng acces to properties.

Also lodge a formal complaint with the LL.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi

Exactly what was the access for i.e. was it a Gas Safety Inspection?

How long was it after the contractor arrived that they received the letter requiring access by the HA for that contractor?

Is the letter envelope post marked, if so what date?

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The property is still your home until you hand the keys in..

and no matter what is in the tenancy agreement, you do not have to let people into your home when you are not there...

If the agency is getting shirty I would change the locks and not let them have the key. Tell them what you have done, and tell them that the locks will be change back at the end of the tenancy.

Provided you that and don't damage the lock in any way, there is nothing that any one can do about it.

Tell them that anytime you are in is fine....

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(

The property is still your home until you hand the keys in..

and no matter what is in the tenancy agreement, you do not have to let people into your home when you are not there...

That's not the issue CC, what is is the fact that they fail to give adequate notice of when they want access, and think they can turn up and walk in.

ahhhh so... in that case then, the temporary changing of the locks will stop all of their shenanigans....

I am not a solicitor :!::!:

Most of my knowledge came from this site :-D:-D

If I have been helpful in any way at all .............. Please click my star..... :-(:-(