Amazon problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

On November 21st, 2017 I purchased 2 HTC 10 mobile phones from a seller on Amazon Marketplace.

The phones were sold as new and unlocked.

The phones arrived in early December and I gave one to my son for Christmas and kept one for myself.

Last week, on April 26, my son reported that he was having a problem in that his phone had started switching itself off at about 3% of battery life but that this was getting worse and it now switched off at 20%. In addition the "touch" icons on the right hand side of the screen had stopped responding.

I instigated a return with the seller, but that was refused on the grounds that it was now outside of his return period.

I called Amazon and was told that I was entitled to a warranty from the manufacturer.

I then contacted HTC who checked using each phones IMEI number and it turned out that the phones had originally been sold in the USA and "shouldn't have been sold in the UK", and that the phones were registered for warranty in the US and that one year warranty had ended in August 2017, some 3 months before I had purchased them.

I have been back in contact with Amazon and have explained all this to them.

I am supposed to have a warranty from Amazon that covers me in the event that the phones are not as described, which they obviously are not, and the matter is currently under investigation.

The seller is registered as a sole trader with an address in Liverpool.

There are several limited companies at the address and the seller appears to have no connection with any of them.

The seller is currently active on Amazon.

My question is, should I be more proactive in this matter? If so, how?

If anyone needs further information, please ask.

nothing to do with Amazon nor any warranties expired or otherwise.

your beef is with the retailer under the Consumer Rights Act.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

He's using a mail redirection service to hide his business dealings.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

the old rent address system:- you got the address so find out the people who rent out the address and start with letter to find out actual address/name of their client, if they fail contact a solicitor that should make them get into action, UK law regardless of the company/business

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: