style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2158 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

I set up a payment plan for a £300 council tax debt. Managed to pay the first instalment (£20), but due to lack of money missed the second payment.

Just had a Schedule 12 Taking Control of Goods letter delivered.

They also added £235 for the enforcement fee.

Is it possible to contact the council again and renegotiate, and avoid dealing with the bailiff?

I also have a motor vehicle outside (old car worth under £500)

. I take it's a good idea to park it elsewhere?

I'm keeping the doors/windows closed, and refuse to answer the door.

But my main concern is that they'll force their way in.

Will this happen?

Thanks.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Hi.

I set up a payment plan for a £300 council tax debt. Managed to pay the first instalment (£20), but due to lack of money missed the second payment.

Is it possible to contact the council again and renegotiate, and avoid dealing with the bailiff? - NO

I also have a motor vehicle outside (old car worth under £500)

. I take it's a good idea to park it elsewhere? -YES

I'm keeping the doors/windows closed, and refuse to answer the door.

But my main concern is that they'll force their way in. -they can't for a ctax debt

Will this happen?

Thanks.

As above

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Red bits in my post!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi.

Is it possible to contact the council again and renegotiate, and avoid dealing with the bailiff? But my main concern is that they'll force their way in.

Will this happen?

Thanks.

I am assuming that the payment arrangement that you negotiated was with ARP? If so, it certainly was an exceptionally generous agreement (of just £20 per month). It is a shame that you defaulted but we cannot change the position now.

There is little point contacting the council because ARP is effectively the local authorities in house bailiff provider (or to more accurate, the 'in house' provider to half a dozen or so local authorities in the Suffolk and surrounding areas).

In answer to your question, as this debt is for council tax arrears, the enforcement agent cannot force entry. He can gain 'peaceful entry' through an unlocked door and with the promise (at long last) of sunshine this bank holiday weekend, you need to be careful that doors are not left opened.

I am sure that you don't need reminding that your vehicle is at risk of being seized.

No, the original arrangement was with the council.

The bailiffs are asking for the full amount within 7 days, but I cannot afford this amount.

Do I have any other options?

No, the original arrangement was with the council.

The bailiffs are asking for the full amount within 7 days, but I cannot afford this amount.

It was this comment from you that led me to think that you had a payment arrangement with ARP Enforcement and that you had defaulted.

I set up a payment plan for a £300 council tax debt. Managed to pay the first instalment (£20), but due to lack of money missed the second payment. Just had a Schedule 12 Taking Control of Goods letter delivered. They also added £235 for the enforcement fee.

If you had a payment arrangement with the council which defaulted, then I am confused as to why you have received a 'Schedule 12 Taking Control of Goods' letter and the debt increased by way of an enforcement fee of £235.

You should have received a Notice of Enforcement. A compliance fee of £75 would have been added and on receipt of this notice, you would have a period of 7 days in which to subject a payment proposal. Once the debt is with the enforcement company, any payment proposal is not generous (repayments over approx 3-4 is usual).