Sudden Activity from Debt Collectors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2179 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I received a letter in January this year from 1st credit, I replied with a request for CCA.

They have now after 4 months written & said that M&S have now the original debt back & Ist Credit will not communicate further (I thought these companies buy the debt,then sell on etc)

By same post there was a letter from Intrum, again I will ask for an original copy of the credit agreement.

Then a really curt letter from Rostons solicitors, re another small debt.

This letter states that I MAY NOT ask for the original agreement.

These debts came about when my husband became so ill that I had to retire from full time employment, he is also in receipt of enhanced PIP.

These debts have been sold/re sold resulting in letters from various debt agencies claiming to own the debts.

Is this correct that I can no longer request a CCA?

also please can you advise me if it is only because the debts are into their 6th (or more) year that I have all this activity?

Many thanks

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

It may well be that because they are about to become statute barred – that everybody is getting excited. In terms of the depth which you apparently may not apply for a CCA, it could possibly be because of the type of debt. Tell us about that debt

1st Credit and Intrum are now one and the same.

https://www.intrum.co.uk/

With regards Restons that sounds like a PAP letter...read here..

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?481827-The-Pre-Action-Protocol-for-Debt-Claims-is-made-by-the-Master-of-the-Rolls-as-Head-of-Civil-Justice.-1st-Oct-2017

You can and always be able to request a copy of your agreement...its the law...CCA1974 sections 77/78/79

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

your posts are rather confusing because you are mentioning several debts in one post.

it might be better separate these debts out in to individual threads in the forum of the name Original Creditor and post everything to do with that debt there.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Sorry.

First debt is M&S which after I requested copy of cca has been passed back to M&S from Intrum (it had done the rounds through various agencies.)

Second is Next that is the one I have received from Debt Manager Services, with the covering letters from Restons telling me that I cannot apply for a CCA

Third is Bank of Scotland from Intrum - which I will request a CCA for.

The one that bothers me is the Next debt with letter claiming Pro Action Protocol, as I KNOW there is no CCA

All these debts do not total 3k and they are all coming up to the 6 years period??

Many thanks

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

now, a reconstituted contract is fine for things signed online or any format after 2007 so they are wrong regarding something agreed in 2006. you are entitled to see the original.

The real question is who owns the debt?

If it is still next then you write to them with a CCA request and copy to Restons pointing out that this is pre 2007 so a full signed copy is required to fulfil the requirements of the CCA.

As for the BOS, was that a loan or credit card?

If it was an overdraft there will be no credit agreement so not under CCA

BOS is a credit card,

Next a store card.

M&S also credit card

am I correct that all require a CCA?

The Next card is pre 2006 def. and the letter from Restons refers to Debt Managers Services ltd, who purchased the debt from Next, they include a statement of Account covering 12/4/2017 to present which means nothing as the last payment to next approx 2006.

Also they refer to a date of obtaining the account''on or around July 29 1991'' which is a blatant lie, I have old statements showing the card used from 2006 only.

Yes all require a CCA

Please start a new thread now for the next debt!!

VERY important!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...