UKPC banned by DVLA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1936 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just spotted this on the Pranksters website.

Sunday, 29 April 2018

UKPC banned by the DVLA

UK Parking Control Ltd have been banned from accessing the DVLA database. This means for instance that if they issue a windscreen ticket, they have no way of following up and contacting the keeper (unless the keeper appeals giving away their address). This also means that any ANPR site they manage is now effectively useless because tickets cannot be issued at all. Essentially then, their income stream dries up, and any landowners using them have no effective parking management.

This is therefore not a step undertaken lightly by the DVLA. Although the DVLA are not divulging the exact details, they are investigating UKPC for a potential breach of contract. The DVLA will not be releasing details until the investigation is finished. UKPC will be hoping that the investigation is swifter than the investigation into MIL Collections, which has so far taken several years and is still continuing. Perhaps the investigation will be as quick as the one into Proserve, which only took a year or so.

http://tinyurl.com/jvzl7dp

Hopefully this will take ages for the DVLA to investigate and ensuring that UKPC go broke

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Oh dear, this is terribly sad news. What a dreadful thing to happen to this wonderful company and I feel so sorry for all the landowners which they are apparently acting for.

I think we should have a whip round for them because clearly they need some help.

Please make your donations to us – The Consumer Action Group and we will be sure we will pass them on !!:lol::lol::lol::madgrin::madgrin::madgrin: (not)

Hi,

You are welcome to post anything you wish regarding UKPC but remember that you don't use slanderous or defamatory comments

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

About time, now let's see what GDPR does to the parking cowboys, and the DVLA.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Wow! One wonders what on earth they have done this time to finally warrant an investigation by that laughingly "robust and diligent "enterprise known as the DVLA or as they are otherwise known-

"The Incompetents". These parking companies are regularly mentioned in the newspapers, our forum and the Parking Prankster along with countless other forums not to mention the AA, the RAC and Citizens Advice as being greedy , corrupt , crooks etc ,etc and the DVLA goes on blithely sending out our details to them without apparently a second thought.

What on earth has stung this useless and incompetent bunch to actually ban UKPC pro tem -have they actually woken up to the fact that they are not dealing with upright honest companies after all.

The Augean stables emitted much less of a smell than these corrupt, stinking merchants that are a disgrace to our Country.

Perhaps the recent criticism by certain MPS of the DVLA in relation to the venality and criminality of some private parking companies has at long last percolated into that complacent lot in Swansea and they have finally decided that they no longer want to be the laughing stock that they have become. Rumour even has it that Disney is now replacing their Mickey Mouse watches with DVLA watches so low has their reputation sunk.

One can only hope that Parking Eye will be next in the firing line.

There has been a couple of news stories in the papers

http://tinyurl.com/yatql8v6

http://tinyurl.com/ybk7dwqm

From what I can gather from the stories are that when UKPC were previously suspended, they carried on ticketing cars and when the ban was over, they went after the keepers which they shouldn't have done. I would imagine that they kept the data from their ANPR operations and subsequently went after the keepers again. If this is proved then I don't think they should keep their membership of the BPA (but then, I am biased). I can imagine the ICO having an interest in this too

I can imagine the ICO having an interest in this too

Think you would be mistaken. The ICO think their remit is to assist companies on how to do the minimal to get by and flout the data protection laws. They have no real interest in actually enforcing data protection correctly to the benefit of the public. For instance, a data subject needs to be aware and notified that their personal data will be processed. In the case of ANPR the registered keeper may not even be in the vehicle so will not be aware of the processing of their personal data by a PPC. Yet it does get processed by the DVLA automatically passing it on with no notification to the RK allowing them the time to object to the DVLA passing it on, and by the PPC then further processing the RK data in mos instances with no lawful reason. The GDPR is going to be a big thorn in the side. I am waiting for the ICO to respond to FOI as to how this will all be lawful under the GDPR. Bet they will fudge it to the benefit of the DVLA and the PPCs.

any person getting a NTK from then should ask the DVLA who applied to obtain their keeper details as in the past other companies have ontained the details and then passed them on. This is also unlawful.

If you have got say 3 screen tickets they shoudl apply for your detaIls 3 times and not rely on the assumption that the person is still the keeper. again, checking with the DVLA abotu who and when will halp kill off this awful mob, the reason the parking co's have done so well is not their business brilliance but joe public's ignorance so spread the word

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

• 7 months later...