style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All

I parked on Private Land Car Park 30/04/2016 when I went to the cinema with my son and his mate.

I worked out that the film should finish and give us time to get back to the car park in time so as not to get charged for additional parking ie £60. However on getting back to the cars we both received(my sons mates car) parking tickets.

Well we were furious as the 3 of us checked the tickets and the time it was issued and it said it was issued at 19.22 and time first observed at 19.12 (tickets were 3 hours £2.80)and expiry was 19.11. my sons mate got his ticket at exactly the same exact times as well. we were both parked next to each other. However I wasn't prepared to pay £60 or £100 or an additional 11 minutes not when I could have paid an additional 90 pence for an additional hour. The 3 of us also checked our phones as they stated it was 19.22 so the ticket wasn't issued at 19.22 as it states on the PCN.

So I wrote to them politely explaining this (Er yes I didn't know about not telling them).and stating the fact that the government had said there should be some leeway regarding parking.But I'M NOT PAYING £60 FOR 11 MINUTES OR 1 MINUTE.I have kept all the information regarding this as I knew it would come back to haunt me, I have received a letter from Debt Recovery Plus regarding the charges but i'm STILL not prepared to pay the £160 but I am prepared to go to court over this,

Any one with advice as to what to do now?

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

you are safe to ignore powerless DCA's they are NOT BAILIFFS

and have

ZERO LEGAL POWERS.

can you please complete this:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

what to do?

Be glad that the parking co has wasted some of their money on a silly rentathreat letter writer.

You say you have kept all of the correspondence, that may damn them and I bet they have decided to try their luck on banking that you havent.

They will lose because of the grace period and what is called "de minimis"- legal blurb for too trivial to submit to court

Thanks for that but they can claim for upto 6 years.

but i knew it would come back.

the thing is the person who stated that he wrote the tickets out at 7.22 for both me and my sons mate but all 3 of us arrived before 7.22 as we opened this PCNs and it said 7.22 but we checked our phones at 7.22 on opening

You're missing the issue, ''IF'' they tried court, they'd LOSE.

|Forget it, get on with your life.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

link in post 2 please!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the dca can do nothing,

read about this in the zillion thread on CAG that mentions them, they all tell you the same.

UKCPS are a million miles away from doing anything other than hope you have binned all of the correspondence in the meanwhile.

doesnt matter why you were there so never a need to explain yourself,

it is about a contract,

not parking per se and therefore the offer of the contract via the signage must be clear and legal.

That means we need to see the signs to offer an opinion as to what to say IF it ever gets any further.

Also read the POFA and you will see that the demand should only be for the original amount and not £160 as the extra is just unicorn food tax they like to add because they know most people dont know better.