Parcel Monkey never delivered my parcel

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2151 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I sent 6 parcels, 5 arrived and one was missing.

I went through several PM messages.

They sent me after 30 days a comfirmation that the bag was lost and they would give me 34 pounds back .

This does not cover even the bag price!

i had at least 500 pounds in clothes more another 500 in medication .

Well, the whole thing was worthed around 1,500 pounds.

I did not take extra insurance ( it was the 1st time i was using a service like this, and the last one too).

As they say in the small print they are not responsable for anything and DPD does not respond to my issue as its customer is Parcel Monkey and not me.

I already sent a formal complain almost a month ago when i try to do an online mediation ( which was not possible as parcel monkey does not have a direct email).

I came here to ask the opnion if i should enter in the small claim court not for the refund of my goods but for the lack of service performed and the lack of support and care of DPD and PArcel Monkey. Would any one be able to advise me ? If yes,what would be the fair amount for this claim.

I am 2 months without my clothes and medicies :-(

Thanks

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Please can you tell us a bit more how it works. Presumably you contracted with and paid Parcel Monkey and they then selected the best courier Which turned out to be DPD.

Did you disclose any of the contents or give any indication of the value? Presumably they ask for a value.

You say that there is some small print. Please can you post it up here in PDF format – or if it is on their website can you post a link to it

I put 20 pounds as i did not want to pay insurance. However, it was not states that this would be the whle amount if they lost my bag.

The small print is just related to the fact that if you did not an insurance you dont have any rights for a refund.I would have to attache the whole terms and coditions.

However, i bought a service which was not done and i had the lost of goods, time,etc.

The issue is that is not make explicit that if you dont have insurance you wont get paid a compesation even though the lost your goods.

I agree completely with the principles of everything that you are saying – that you pay for service and they should carried out and they shouldn't have any way to wriggle. However, you have caused yourself a difficulty in that you have told Porky on their form and that you have misrepresented the value. That is unhelpful and if you have to take this to court, it will be a point of vulnerability in your argument.

I certainly think that there term that if you don't have insurance then you are not entitled to any refund is an unfair term. Essentially what they are saying is that you must pay the contract price and then if you don't pay something extra, if they fail in their contractual duty you have no comeback. This must be an unfair term.

You have indicated that there is a term that you lose your rights for refund if you don't have insurance. Later on you say that the issue is that this information wasn't made explicit – despite the fact that you seem to know about it. Please can you explain.

If you had correctly declared the value then I would say that your chances that a County Court claim would be better than 95%. Not only that, although they would initially file a defence, I would predict that they would put their hands up and pay you out rather than to go to the time and trouble and expense and risk of going to court. However, the fact that you have misled them on the form will give them a certain amount of hope and this means that they might be prepared to go all the way.

If you did take this to court, then you would certainly be in with a chance. However, a judge might feel uncomfortable about upholding your claim in the face of an obvious deception as to the value – even in the face of an unfair term. I'm very uncertain as to how this would go.

Another problem is that I expect you might have difficulty proving what the contents of the missing parcel were. You would have to list out the items and then give a basis for the value that you are estimating.

Is the value of the clothing the as new value? I suppose that they were all used items of clothing so what would be their second-hand value?

• 2 weeks later...

I actually have tthe value in my bank statement because most of them were brand new. The problem is as you say prove the content of the bag. I did sent them an invoice when they did a bag investigation.

I dont might to not get a full compensation as i know my decision were not very smart. However, i did booked a service that was not done which is an evidence that the contract was broken and they have such unfair terms .

I want the court to judge them not for my material goods but for the lack of care and service.

Any advice for that?

Parcel Monkey Limited

Terms & Conditions link: https://www.parcelmonkey.co.uk/terms-and-conditions

Mr Navin Ramiah Chief Executive Officer

Email: [email protected] (no spaces)

ceoemail: https://ceoemail.com/

Registered Office Address:

21 Tollgate 21 Tollgate

Chandlers Ford

Eastleigh

Hants

SO53 3TG

Company Number: 07097496

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Companies House: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/07097496

Endole: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/07097496-parcel-monkey-limited

BizDb: http://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/parcel-monkey-limited-07097496/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Well all I can say is that you should claim for the value of the lost items on the basis that you paid for a delivery and it did not happen. As you have already appreciated, if they came back with a defence then you would need to say that their term is unfair and therefore unenforceable.

It's up to you if you want to go to the expense of being the claim. I'm not sure the fee is for a claim of £1500. Your chances of success are probably better than 60%. Had there not been the complicating factor of misrepresenting of the value, then your chances of would have been better than 95%. I'm pretty certain that they would still have resisted your claim that it simply that you have given them a bit of leverage.

I volunteer the fact that you misrepresented the value – but if they bring it up – as they certainly will, then you will need to respond that the item was lost regardless of value and that in any event the term is unfair. We will certainly help you if you want.