Question death penalty.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2147 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Odious as he is, he was never convicted of murder, "only" soliciting murder, for which he was sentenced (with other charges found guilty) to seven years.

He was also extradited to the USA, whose 'SuperMax' prison he has not found to his liking....

No was not convicted of murder, he was to chicken to do it himself, he got others to do it for

him, which in my book still makes him a nasty evil murderer.

Abu Hamza wants to come to the UK to be imprisoned and why wouldn't he,

being imprisoned in the UK today is like living in a holiday camp, they don't

have to work if they don't want to, 4 meals a day with a choice of menu,

television in their cells game consuls, recreation etc; etc; (punishment my eye).

If they get ill it is immediately treatment unlike us who have to make an appointment

with the doctor, and how much does this cost you and me. (I bet some lonely OAP

would love that sort of treatment.

This is what you the tax payer is contributing to their life of luxury.

Statistics on just 1 prison.

It costs £40,000+ per year to keep 1 prisoner in Strangways.

The operational capacity of Strangways as of 1st April 2013 is 1,238.

I will leave you to work out how much that is costing the you/country.

No wonder the iis butchers known as the Beatles want to come over hear

to serve their sentence, (leave them in the Kurd prison)as far as I am concerned

if they wish to be martyrs they can dig out, but no they don’t they are just cowards

who get brain washed high on drugs youngsters to do it, other wise if he was so sure

about paradise Hamza would have put himself forward for so called martyrdom.

Yet, Abu Hamza isn’t in (prison in) the U.K., is he?

Not the death penalty but rest of your life in prison. This addresses the issue of miscarriages of justice. The cost of keeping a prisoner to be off set by productive work which compensates the tax payer. I don't want to complicate the question with the circumstances of why and how the person is a killer, an example if you killed a burglar and the arguments we see 'with reasonable force'.

Last post for me, just to clarify my opinion.

In the current sorry state of affairs related to prison sentences in uk, i support the death penalty if the offender (murderer) is guilty with absolute certainty.

However, i would prefer to scrap the idea of death sentence and let murderers rot in prison and do hard labour to pay for their stay, no tv, no playstation, no fancy menu.

I dont agree with the death sentence for someone who has committed a single murder but would certainly support it fro those who have been convicted of multiple murders. sometimes people do things that are to the extreme and then regret their actions, someone who murders another and then follows that up with killing a second person has no defence of provokation, a red mist or whatever. So, spree killers like some terrorists or serial murderers like Fred West would face this penalty.

as for Abu hamza, he was convicted in Jordan but we didnt send him back home because they might put him to death. That is an EU law so perhaps in the future we will let other countries decide on how they implement their law and not have a blanket prejudgement. To a lesser degree the same applies to some EU citizens being returned as well as any Romanian or even Portuguese citizen can play the get out of jail free card claiming torture or even their cells are too small.