Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    Rebeleye Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Apr 2018

Question RBS arranged and unarranged overdraft charges

Hello to you all

I have been reading and digging out numerous threads on RBSicon and how I can request for a overdraft charge sheet from years back. I was wondering what exactly should be the wording of the letter and what I should be looking out for in the details of the sheets they send me, this is regarding what I can and can't claim back.

Many thanks.

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

Cagger since : Dec 2006

Default Re: RBS arranged and unarranged overdraft charges

send them an SARicon

id wait until after may 25 it will save you 10

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    Click Here To Make A Donation
    If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread
    my views are my own...seek legal advice if necessary
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Rebeleye Novitiate

Many thanks for your response DX.

Does this May 25th has anything to do with the General Data Protection Regulation coming into full force from the EU.

Also, a bit of a silly question
    but, what is this post 3 referred to in the SARicon templates that is deemed imperative to be read before using any of the SAR guides?

Site Team dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk Highly authoritative dx100uk's Avatar

yes GDPRicon

as for post 3 read it...?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS
    NEVER EVER - act on a private message asking you to visit another website, make contact 'off list' or by phone alert the siteteam
    DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Rebeleye Novitiate

Right, I'd contact them first week of June, and then come back with all the info I can get from there to take things further. This is an amazing site and really love what you guys have done here, I wish I knew half of the things I've binge read here in the last 72 hours, would have saved me tonnes of trouble and other ugly financial/consumer dealings from the past. Cheers.

that's what we are here for..

good luck

ask away.........

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Basic Account Holder
    Rebeleye Novitiate

Hi DX,
    I'm back again with more questions/queries. Over the last five, six years I've had the following financial transactions/ packages;

Everyday Loans (payday)
    Very Credit Card
    Capital One Credit card
    RBSicon current account

Close Military Brothers car finance/loan

Very online/catalogue account

I'm very much interested in sending SARicon out to all of them, just to see what I can find and or come up with. Is it ok to use the generic SAR template and throw in a request for any PPIicon's as well, are they compelled to especially release information about the PPI bit.

The last account I closed was Closed Military Brothers, I voluntarily terminated the agreement after paying a little over half of it. I forked out nearly 400 GBP to serbice the car, MOT, as well as two brand new tyres out of courtesy, I still have the receipts for it all. I was made to pay for a Gap insurance addon I had on the agreement before it could terminate, I asked for receipt which they claimed was not possible as they don't issue receipt for the gap insurance payments so they fobbed me off on that one.

Two months down the line these people came back telling me I owed them 2 months worth of late payment/arrears because the car was in my possession. This situation came about as a result of them not being able to find a car auctioning company on time to come take the vehicle rght after the agreement ended. And twice they sent someone out to my address without informong me. They were very adamant that I owed them till I threatened to escalate the issue to the fosicon/FTA as my wife was getting stressed out by their barrage of phone callsicon and letters to my address.

They suddenly dropped the case and also deliberately refused to send me a copy of the agreement affer I had explicityly asked for it, thing is, I do not have the original agreement and feel there's something I might have missed and which they either dont want coming out or me discussing it.

Anyleads on how to go about this one specifically or I should just go ahead and SAR them as well after 25th May and take it from there?

Find attached as screenshot of the last post from them

Attached Images

get the info first

DX RIP Martin3030
    Follows
    Following

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details