Product faulty. Spigen ignoring Consumer Rights Act 2015. Won't use an ADR scheme.

Lighthouse50
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2188 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I purchased a phone case from the company Spigen through their eBay store on 6 November 2017. Over a month ago, I discovered there were cracks on the back of the case. Neither the phone or case have had any form of impact since purchase.

I contacted Spigen and asked if they are able to help. They refused because I was outside of their three-month warranty, and offered me a 'slight discount' from any new purchase. I explained that I am covered under the Consumer Rights Act 2015, but they continued to reiterate that they cannot help.

The company has also refused to use an ADR scheme. They also said that when I purchase an item with them, I automatically agree to their terms and conditions which entails THEIR returns/refunds process.

What are my options????

Edited by Lighthouse50

The first thing is that one cannot contract out of one's consumer rights. This means that their position that you have to stick to their own returns/refunds process and their contractual terms is untrue. It is all subordinate to your rights under the Consumer Rights Act.

Because you are within six months of the date of purchase, you are obliged to give them one opportunity to repair after which you can insist on a refund or a replacement at your choice. The company is not obliged to use any kind of ADR scheme and it could be that you would be faced with the necessity of bringing a small claim in the County Court. What is the value of the case?

Thank you for your fast reply. The value of the case is only £9.99 and I'm not really prepared to go to court over this. Are there any other options?

It seems to me the company knows they can fob people off (and give them completely wrong information), because no one is actually going to spend the time and effort taking them to court.

How do you pay PayPal via debit card linked to it?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Do a chargeback

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they