Santander claiming historic mortgage charges

stuwebb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im trying to claim mortgage charges on a mortgage taken out in1984 and redeemed in November 2004 initially with Alliance&leicester the initial period was 25 years and the total of the charges is£1,555.00 plus compound interest total £2,527.69

This claim ia now in the small claims court and Santander solicitors has submitted a application notice to get the claim struck out and the hearing is on May 3.In a letter received yesterday they mentioned section 5 of the limitations act and said the sums claimed were irrecoverable.

They say i can withdraw the claim and pay santander just under£300.00 or if i pursue the claim they will claim the full costs witch they estimate at over£1,500

advice please

under a mistake it runs from when you could have reasonably been aware they were unlawful and reclaimable

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

If it has been allocated to the small claims track, then unless you are litigating very unreasonably in some way, they won't be awarded their costs. In that case they are just bluffing or to use legal language – bullying.

If they have put that threat in a letter, then I think that you should take it along to the court and say that you think that the solicitors are acting abusively of a litigant in person who is on the small claims track. If you said to the judge gently and pass a copy of the letter to the judge – I don't think it can hurt you. The solicitors need to start understanding that they can't deal with people like this. Who are the solicitors?

Incidentally, if the charges in 2004 equalled £1500, then I would have thought you could be looking at a lot more than 2 1/2 thousand pounds. Apart from anything else, there is the standard 8%. Have you included this in your claim? Maybe you could post up your claim form in PDF format

If you use Google, I expect that you will find some free software which will convert images to PDF format

read upload

programs are listed in the guide..............

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...