Completely different vehicle, type and colour.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2182 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I check the mail for a friend who as been out of the country for some months, as is his motorcycle.

He has recently been issued with a Charge Notice by Highview Parking at a Tesco. It states his vehicle is a white BMW with an 08 registration. These details and the Model stated are correct for his motorcycle.

The Charge Notice gives photos of a car, an estate car, a dark blue Volvo, with an 06 registration - all other digits are the same.

Clearly a "Robo" Charge for which no one at Highview has even bothered to look at their 'evidence' in their eagerness to gather cash and alienate Tesco from their potential customers, having obtained DVLA data without justification or proper reason.

How best to deal with this for maximum discomfort for Highview/Tesco - and DVLA?

Armed witn that evidence that the vehicle is a motorcycle not a Volvo so the ANPR screwed up , complain to ICO after May 25th GDPR will then be in........

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

I would be sending them a very rude letter telling them that their mickey mouse camera system is not fit for purpose but this was well known already but what is less acceptable is that the moron who processed this paperwork has now dropped them into the mire for breaching the DPA and for that a demand of £250 as per the VCS v Phillip decision is now being made and should the matter ebnd up in court the claim may well be for the £1000 mark.

Yes, send a nicer copy of the complaint to the ICO and also the DVLA stating that they have breached their KADOE contract and what are the DVLA going to do about that as you are minded to sue them for handing over the details without scrutiny as to why they are requested. make it clear the vehicle in question was out of the country at the time but you will have to get your mate's permission to sign this off, an email stating he has authorised you to deal with it on his behalf will do.

If you want to cause maximum discomfort – then let them issue the claim. Then put in a defence – we will help you figure out an appropriate one which will prompt them to take it into court. If you can get a judgement in which the judge criticises the claimants then that will be extremely useful to send on to the DVLA, the ICO and also to post up here.

This beggars belief! How can an 06 be identified as an 08?

It makes me think that nobody actually checks the camera number plate recognition system. The computer spits out erroneous details and then highway use the auto system at DVLA to get the (wrong) details. A simple check would have stopped this in it's tracks but no, profit is the key here.

Whilst I would love to see this in court, I doubt it will get that far. As the Op's friend is out of the country, this may make contacting Highway rather troublesome.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Highview won't issue a claim. It'll be all the usual threat-o-grams and then they'll just crawl back under their rock. They've never (yet) made a single court claim, ever, and god knows I've poked them enough :lol:

I'd wait for Desperate Recovery Pass to get involved as well, then go after the pair of them for the illegal processing of personal data. But I'm nice like that :evil:

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

is this Scotland?

highview have just signed a massive contract with all Scotland Tesco stores..

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

How can an 06 be identified as an 08?

The number digits on both of the car's plates appear partially obscured in the photos but the upper loop of the 6 is clearly open.

But there can be little confusion between a blue Volvo estate car and a white BMW - even if the model type was not recognized as a motorcycle.

However, would not the DVLA KADOE contract information state "Motorcycle" or "Taxation Class - Bicycle"?

According to the accompanying explanatory 'PR' letter from Tesco the same vehicle overstayed two days earlier (nearer 5 than 4 hours this second time) but "as a valued customer we overlooked this first occasion".

is this Scotland?

London area.

so you have a letter fromTesco's? Good,

you next job is no embarass the living daylights out of them on their social media

if you have access to twitter and facebook, instagram ior whatever.

Please let them know that one of their shareholders is watching with great interest and will be wanting to raise it at the AGM.

You can also complain to tesco's Chief Exec about this and ask them how they got the info from the parking co and why they then decided to match this with the personal details of one of their customers via another method.

Does this mean Tescos are now storing vehicle details on people's clubcard data files?

As there has clearly been improper reporting of your personal data you expect them to self report to the ICO over this breach of the DPA and demand a copy of the report

And no, you arent going to contact the parkingco to sort it out, that is tesco's job and if they are lucky that will be the end of things.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

End of May GDPR Tesco processing improper data will cost them.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!