FirstPlus to Elderbridge

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1971 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've put in my complaint with the ICO and provided the evidence that Elderbridge charged me twice.

Has anyone of you more learned people seen anything untoward with the statements?

I'm guessing that they probably hide the charges and unless you have all the paperwork you will never be able to make sense of it all.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only see 1 £30 fee

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 3 weeks later...

Wow, hold the presses. We’ve had a response from Elderbridge regarding the SAR.

In a nutshell they need to protect our privacy and confidentiality

so need signed authority from my partner and I dated within the past 3 months,

and then....

they will provide the information we’ve requested ASAP but within the 30 days as per new legislation.

I’m going to send the letter onto the ICO as we both signed the letter when we requested the SAR.

I still haven’t heard back from the ICO sign I made my complaint

• 5 weeks later...

Update

ICO replied to me last week and upheld my complaint and said that Elderbridge should comply with my SAR and they would contact them but felt that I should send them what they had asked for???

I asked them what more do I need to send them seeing that we had already sent them the request which was signed by both of us - didn’t hear anything back. No reply back fro them yet.

Today received a call from the complaints department from Elderbridge.

They were very apologetic and said they had sent out the information and given me a tracking number.

Also giving me £50 plus a refund of the £10 for the original SAR request payment and taking of the extra payment that they had taken.

It seems that Elderbridge only responds once the ICO contacts them.

ICO aren’t much cop are they really?

They even said to me that Elderbridge had done nothing wrong by taking the payment twice and charging interest.

I’ll wait to see what the SAR says and report back.

I’ve received the disc but all it has on it are letters from firstplus an practically nothing from Elderbridge.

They’ve enclosed the terms and conditions and the original agreement and an updated statement.

Am I right to think that they should also send me a list of any charges that they have made.

I’ll upload the agreement and statement and would appreciate some advice on what I should be looking for.

Oh yeah, Elderbridge we’re also kind enough to enclose other customers letters on the disc. I’ll let the ICO know for what its worth.

yes should be every statement showing the charges and the Elderbridge

SAR Elderbridge now? but they are the same lot?

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

They did enclose a form to complete to request more information so I will send that to them requesting any other with held information as I refuse to believe that what they sent me is all that they have.

Agreed

and they

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, just going through the SAR stuff from Elderbridge which doesn't seem right to me.

FOS had ordered Firstplus now Elderbridge to refund the premium of £13,469 and interest and all interest paid on the premium up till that date of £3962.24.

They also sent me a cheque for £4681.86 in respect of the part of my monthly repayments that were made towards the policy and a further £595.79 in respect of 8% interest on the monthly payments of the cost of the premium.

Just looked on my statement and while they ave done the above they also appear to have added the refund cheque to the overall balance and then continued to charge interest.

I am not an accountant but the object was to put me back in the position I would save been if I had not been missold the PPI:

I would've taken the PPI premium away from the starting figure and would start from the £55,000 that I was borrowing.

Taken away then subtracted all capital and interest payments that I made which would've been more accurate and truly left me in the position that I should've been in.

By my very rough calculations the balance should've been in the mid £30k's which takes into account the 41 payments that I had paid till then and the interest.

They haven't done what they should've done and gained by refunding me and then making me pay it back with interest.

I would really appreciate it if one of the team can take a look at my statement - post 14 date 6/02/2009 - and advise if I've got it wrong or if they really are a bunch of @@@@@@

Many thanks as always.

deal with this in over the next days or so..

can we see the full sar return please

one multipage PDF

read upload

and they

re page 13 of the pdf

somethings not right there whats the £13k refund???

why don't you ring the FOS ref that ?

and they

yea I took me shoes and socks of and realise that now..:lol:

maybe approach FP first.

but yes you could reopen the old fos complaint as FP have failed to do what the FOS instructed.

and they

Thanks dx.

Given the run around by FOS and Elderbridge this morning.

Bottom line FOS advised to complain to Elderbridge and get a final response from them and then it can be opened as a fresh complaint that FOS can take years to sort out.

Elderbridge say that because it happened before they took over it is nothing to do with them and will be sending out a final response.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

I've tried to attach the spreadsheet hoping that someone with a bit of knowledge on these matters will be able to check but I couldn't change it to PDF.

I managed to find a spreadsheet (THE MORTGAGE PROFESSOR'S AMORTIZATION WORKSHEET for variable mortgages) that works out what the cumulative interest and balance should be. I also put in the rate changes on the dates that they happened.

I Started the loan at £55k, inputted all payments from the start until my most recent payment (also a couple of charges which they naughtily added - the £10 SAR payment added £129 interest:-x ). The actual balance according to the spreadsheet is £15,778 and not the £32.5K that they claim.

I called Elderbridge today as I received a letter from them saying that they are now investigating my complaint that they did not follow the Ombudsman ruling which was to restructure the loan and put me back into the position I should've been without the PPI.

They say that they will have an update in a few days.:|

Please let me know if there is a way of getting the spreadsheet upload for one of you knowledgable people to look at.

Elderbridge payments to 1:08:2018.xls

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

i'll look later

• Confused 1

and they

gotta admit im not familiar with that

but its not ever been questioned As far as I can see

so the way it works [the spreadsheet ] must be ok.

i'd let this run with EB

then se what they say.

and they

• 4 weeks later...

Heard back from Elderbridge who have knocked back my complaint on the grounds that, " 'part' of what I'm complaining about happened more thank six years ago and I'm complaining three years after I realised (or should have realised) there was a problem".

They go on to say that if FOS agrees with them regarding this time limit thing then they will refuse permission to FOS consider my complaint and FOS will only be able to consider the complaint in "very limited circumstances" i.e. the delay in me complaining was due to exceptional circumstances.

What a pile of @#@@.

How was I an uninformed punter, meant to know that they have been swindling me?

Makes me think that they've sought advice from FOS themselves and been given this advice.

Any ideas how to move this forward would be greatly received.

Very upset by this.

usual crap to put you off.

AFAIK that doesnt apply to them anyway [ CCL letters only I think]

and anyway you are correct

it run from when you found out.

don't give in

and they