Unpaid Invoice for tickets not received - debt collection?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2183 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

I enquired about a ticket for an event in Amsterdam last year through a Danish company, they sent me an invoice for 445euros and I decided not to go.

They phoned me and resent the invoice to which I replied that I would not be attending. They sent me an email stating that if I didn't pay they would be offering the ticket to someone else and I responded saying its fine I am not coming.

Then a year later I get a letter from a UK debt collection agency - is it just me or is this as ridiculous as it sounds?

I tried to speak to them on the phone but they are ridiculous and seem to feel justified that I hadnt cancelled it in time and they were ok to pursue me.

Please will you tell us the name of the debt collectors and also the name of the Danish ticket company.

You say that you simply made an enquiry. Have you got a copy of that enquiry?

I have had issues before posting names where they took info from the threads so didnt think it was best posting the names? that was in relation to a parking offence though ...? dont mind sending it or whatever is best?

they have my details as in name address phone etc and they sent me an invoice so i presume i gave them i dont have a copy of what the original message was, it may have been through their website

The person i spoke to agreed they bought the company after all this happened and they have no records of the calls

I received the invoice on 02/06

I then got an email on 01/09 straight after a call stating the following "We have unfortunately still not received your payment for the ticket.

If we do not receive this payment by the start of next week, we will have to give your ticket to someone else.

Hope to hear from you.

Regards,"

I then replied saying that i wouldnt be able to attend along with a call to the same effect which was agreed, they asked me to put it in writing which i did. on 01/09 - that was the end of it till this letter

thank you

There are no issues posting any information on this forum as long as everything is accurate.

We don't need to practice skulduggery here. As long as we are honest and straight dealing then why is there anything to hide? The people who suffer from poor publicity of the debt collection agencies who would rather work in the shadows and the kinds of ticketing operations which you seem to have fallen foul of. There could be many other people with similar problems with the same organisation – but they will never realise that they have a kindred spirit in you – because you won't tell them.

Ignore them

Stuff and all they can do

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ignore them

Stuff and all they can do

any particular reason? would love to know where i stand legally with the way they have proceeded finding it hard to find anything in regards to invoices and overseas etc thank you

Jurisdiction of a UK court on a foreign debt.

Why have you even bothered to reply seeing as you been here 4yrs and already know any DC A is totally powerless amazed me.

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok thanks is the jurisdiction of a uk court on a foreign debt some sort of legally binding thing? or an opinion? I dont post much most of my posts were about a parking fine i got and eventually after 4 years i won the case in court so thought i would come back as you guys have the insights :) thank you again

One of our insights is to let us and everyone else know who you are dealing with so that they feel less worried when it happens to them.

ok thanks is the jurisdiction of a uk court on a foreign debt some sort of legally binding thing? or an opinion? I dont post much most of my posts were about a parking fine i got and eventually after 4 years i won the case in court so thought i would come back as you guys have the insights :) thank you again

none of your post are about a parking fine.

where does it say anywhere it was a fine?

jurisdiction is the area a court serves

a uk court covers the UK not Denmark.

and they

none of your post are about a parking fine.

where does it say anywhere it was a fine?

think there maybe some confusion i was just replying to your comment about being on here 4 years to make it clear

in 4 years ive used the site only once to defend a parking fine which i won in court

my question is about the jurisdiction which i found a thread on this site that seemed to say they could happily sell the debt to a uk dc agency and chase me here for it https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?250889-Can-I-Be-Sued-For-An-Overseas-Debt-correct-as-at-22.09.2015

it was NOT A FINE!!

and they

thank you only the police/council/courts can fine you

and they

post 5

and they

So, where was the contarct formed?

If the company offered you things as targeting english customers then english law applies.

the event was in Holland so performance of the contract may rely on english, Dutch or danish law

but Denmark didnt sign up to the common civil law system so they cant enforce in the UK (or the rest of europe).

So, let them do their worst,

they will lose a Uk court claim and unless you have just bought a house in Denmark to retire to what they do there cant hurt you.

Anyways, the advice regarding all dca's applies here, IGNORE as they have no authority to do anything and never will have

The only contract i see is in english, which is the invoice the only terms (not called terms on the invoice) is that it says pay within a certain date, saying that they emailed and called asking for the money 3 months after the date that is on the invoice. From the thread i posted earlier it said uk DC companies could buy the debts from overseas and they maybe enforceable?

so just to check when you say DC companies can do nothing, they cant take you to court? serve papers, get a ccj against uk? a uk based company?

well, they havent bought the debt or you wouilf have to have received a properly signed off notice of this under the 1925 property act.

Dabt collection agencies can do NOTHING as they dont have locus standi. You can eitrher believ this or you can research it but the result will be the same. they send out nastly letters to frighten the ignorant and that is all they can do.