• Tweets

• Your concern regarding the 14 days delivery is a common one. Not been on the forum that long, but I don't think the following thought has ever been challenged. My view is that they should have proof of when it was posted, not when they "issued", or printed it. Of course, they would never show any proof of postage, unless it went to court. Private parking companies are simply after money, and will just keep sending ever more threatening letters to intimidate you into paying up. It's not been mentioned yet, but DO NOT APPEAL! You could inadvertently give up useful legal protection and they will refuse any appeal, because they're just after the cash...  
    • The sign says "Parking conditions apply 24/7". Mind you, that's after a huge wall of text. The whole thing is massively confusing.  Goodness knows what you're meant to do if you spend only a fiver in Iceland or you stay a few minutes over the hour there.
    • Hi and thanks It looks like they ticked all the boxes to me but I'll try and upload the notice. I was wondering if a witness to late delivery might be considered proof - I'm assuming they posted it as normal but Royal Mail stuffed up delivery. If not then they're really saying it just has to be posted within 12 days of the incident, regardless of when it is received. Annoying! edit ok thanks Honeybee here's my 2nd (actually 3rd) attempt at anonymising, copying and uploading the notice! Sorry about the state of it - I sat on it while distracted by my dog 🙃 pcn front.pdf pcn back page.pdf
    • ROFL - dont get upset just because someone (quite a lot of someones) dont want smart meters - well unless you get paid for it .. in which case ...   I assume you haven't been with Octopus long enough to be on one of the very long fixed price tariffs they offered before the prices went bonkers .. and that you dont use your electricity in the evening/lunch time if you think the 'agile type tariffs are good value .. let alone worth installing a smart meter for - high price a good disincentive for an evening cuppa eh? Let alone all your computer/tv etc time in the peak price evening or lunch time. - and boy do those peak prices instantly hammer your bill when those Russian and middle eastern issues kick off.   I would only have considered a smart meter if solar panels had been an option for me - but roof is oriented completely the wrong way. Oh - and My opinion hasn't changed since the smart meter trials 40 years ago, because neither have the issues (well not enough) but I'm happy for you. Be happy for me.
    • Hi. I'm afraid I've had to hide your post with the pdf files to keep this anonymous for you. You've left the PCN reference number and your car reg showing. Could you edit that and repost please? HB    
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Computers make PPI decisions and write rejection letters

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2186 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Victims of Britain’s biggest mis-selling scandal are having their compensation claims rejected —by computers.

Money Mail can reveal that the Financial Ombudsman Service is relying on computer software to decide whether banks should pay redress to people who were flogged payment protection insurance (PPI) alongside their credit cards or loans.

We have seen documents in which senior figures at the Ombudsman, which settles disputes between banks and customers, state that PPI case documents are fed into a computer programme which generates a ‘suggested outcome’.

They admit that although staff can make decisions on whether to force banks to pay redress, they almost always use the verdict spewed out by the computer.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-5653351/Computers-decide-PPI-victims-payout-explosive-documents-show.html#ixzz5DfSdNhqs

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/markets/article-5653351/Computers-decide-PPI-victims-payout-explosive-documents-show.html

I happen to know this is true because I am involved in my own PPI claim – finally after many years. I'll be writing about it on the forum during the next few months. It's against Lloyds bank.

Anyway, my claim has eventually gone to the FOS and I have to say that it has been badly handled. But in terms of the template letters, the adjudicator inadvertently sent me a blank template with nothing filled in – simply the prompts. I knew immediately that this was part of the FOS Navigator system.

It was sent to me using my FOS "secure" mailbox. Amazingly I went to access the "secure" mailbox today and it had been emptied of the template and also one or two other messages.

I feel that this is interference with my personal data and I think it is an extremely serious breach.

I'm not surprised that they are slack and cavalier about the way they have started to handle their decision-making process – but I am extremely shocked that they can enter the someone's secure mailbox and then delete messages.

I happen to know this is true because I am involved in my own PPI claim – finally after many years. I'll be writing about it on the forum during the next few months. It's against Lloyds bank.

Anyway, my claim has eventually gone to the FOS and I have to say that it has been badly handled. But in terms of the template letters, the adjudicator inadvertently sent me a blank template with nothing filled in – simply the prompts. I knew immediately that this was part of the FOS Navigator system.

It was sent to me using my FOS "secure" mailbox. Amazingly I went to access the "secure" mailbox today and it had been emptied of the template and also one or two other messages.

I feel that this is interference with my personal data and I think it is an extremely serious breach.

I'm not surprised that they are slack and cavalier about the way they have started to handle their decision-making process – but I am extremely shocked that they can enter the someone's secure mailbox and then delete messages.

Definitely a breach as they have obligations with regards automated decision making which obviously they have not complied with.

Their story is that the Navigator software doesn't make decisions. It simply "suggests" outcomes. However the whistleblower has said that in practice he/she has never come across a single case where the adjudicator has rejected the decision made by the computer.

Doesn’t matter. They are making a decision based purely on the automated processing and therefore need to comply with the relevant sections of the DPA. The GDPR will cause them to evaluate it and they will have to change their procedures I predict.