PCN for No Right Turn - Worth Appeal ?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2159 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Parked in a slip road that's in foreground of pic, one way running right to left.

Left slip road and turned right onto main road. Only signs are left and right of slip road exit.

CCTV shows me turning right with long shot, then close-up showing vehicle reg.

On reflection, I can only say I was watching out for other cars in this very busy area and honestly did not see the No Right Turn signs. There was no signage on the road surface, opposite in the form of signs or any physical obstruction.

Can anyone say if the road signs give good cause to appeal due to height, etc.

Also, is it right that my Appeal of the challenge already turned down will mean I HAVE to pay the FULL fine of £130, as opposed to the £65 "discounted charge" paid already.

If it's just not worth the trouble, or paying the extra £65 if I lose the Appeal, just give it to me straight, thanks.

LBH PCN pic small.pdf

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Signs are pretty clear to me. Also by turning right you are going the wrong way down a one way street.

Did I read it right? You have already paid the £65 discounted charge but are still appealing?

Slip road was one-way as per 1st para.

Turned right onto main road (2-way) as per my 2nd para.

I paid the reduced fine to avoid the higher one if I paid later but I want advice as to whether the signage is as per Regulations or whether it can be challenged on any grounds.

So I'm looking for knowledgeable or expert input please. :-)

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I don't think you can challenge once you've paid it slick. By paying up you've effectively held your hands up and said "it's a fair cop".

However, it would be interesting to see if there is a TRO that covers that signage, for a reason that I can't put my finger on, my gut feeling is that there is something a little 'off'.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I paid the reduced fine to avoid the fine increasing to the full amount I made a challenge at the same time based on Google street map images of the area. The invitation to appeal confirms I will be refunded if successful but will have to pay the full £130 if I lose !! That seems unfair to me and a deterrent to appealing.

I didn't have the pic of the signage when I filed the challenge.

The challenge was rejected and I was given 28 days to appeal to the Parking Adjudicator. That's when I asked someone to take pics of the site (it's 100 miles from my home).

Edited by slick132

........ so can anyone say if the signs are wrong ........

.......... or how I can check the TRO about this.

Thanks peeps.

:-)

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

no, the signs are right, you have been told this twice.

You ask the concil or highway authority regarding the traffic order.

Tell the where and what and if it is properly done they will send you a copy of it with drawings etc.

If they got it wrong then you appeal the fine.

........ so can anyone say if the signs are wrong ........

.......... or how I can check the TRO about this.

Thanks peeps.

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Hi EB.

Not being pedantic but I wasn't told the signs were right twice. I was told above that the signs were clear which I agree they are, but I didn't know if they complied with requirements for such signage.

However, given the advice above so far, I'm going to put this one down to experience and let it rest.

Thanks EB and others for your input.