Wickes haven't delievered order.***Resolved***

Ladyin_blue
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2117 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi.

Made an order with Wickes 15days ago to arrive 14 days ago. All i keep hearing from them is my local store will contact me, which they haven't.

This isn't the first time this has happened. The last time it happened i got half a delievery and the store refused to deliver the rest because on their system it said it was all delievered. Customer relations informed me of this as the store would not get in touch with me even though they were told to to do that. I was eventually compensated for it, after 3 or 4 weeks of rining, so it was all sorted.

Now this delivery, i honesty don't want to keep emailing them and chasing them up, because i shouldn't have to.

Legally what can i do about it? I picked the day i wanted it delievered, had someone be there during the 10hour time slot and paid £30. In their terms and conditions, there is definitely a contract between us and they are obliged to either deliever the items or send me written information that they have cancelled it. But it says they don't have to do anything for 30 days after they recieve payment. Im wondering, if i keep quiet too, will they even do anything or notice after 30days is up?

Appreciate any help or advice : )

Regards

Jana

Here are parts their terms and conditions:

How the Contract Is Formed Between Us

Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each stage of the order process.

After you place an order, we will send you an e-mail to confirm that we have received it (Order Acknowledgement). However, this does not mean that your order has been accepted by us.

Unless you cancel your order in accordance with our Cancellations, Returns and Refunds policy (see below) or we have contacted you to confirm that we are unable to accept your order, our acceptance of your order will occur automatically on the earlier of the date we deliver the Products to you or 7 days following the date we send our Order Acknowledgement e-mail. The Contract between us will only be formed at this time.

We reserve the right to reject any order for any reason and no order will be accepted until payment is received in full for all Products and any related delivery charges.

All orders are subject to stock availability. If we are unable to supply any of the Products that you have ordered we will inform you as soon as possible. In the event that an out-of-stock product is part of an order and we cannot contact you, we will send what products we have in stock, refunding the purchase price of any unavailable product where payment has already been made.

Delivery

For full details of our delivery service, delivery locations and charges please refer to our Delivery Information and Charges page.

All quoted delivery dates and times are estimates and although we will try our best to meet them we will not be responsible if we are unable to do so. We will let you know if we cannot deliver your products within 30 days of when we receive your payment and will give you the option to either wait for the Products or cancel your order and receive a full refund.

We strongly recommend that you do not book fitters or trades persons until your order has been delivered and checked by you. We cannot be held responsible for any third-party costs or charges which you incur due to non-delivery of an order, or orders that have not been checked on delivery.

You don't need a written contract to say that they are contractually bound to make the delivery as agreed. Furthermore, if you have incurred any losses as a result of their broken delivery agreement then you would be entitled to recover those. You will also be entitled to cancel the order and to purchase the item somewhere else.

I'm afraid that the problem with these people is – that it's up to you to decide what you want to do about it. Of course the one thing that makes them sit up and take notice is that you bring a legal action against them. That won't resolve your problem immediately but it will give you some satisfaction and eventually will give you some compensation. It's a bit of a hassle – but it's not too difficult and on the basis of what you say, your chances of success are better than 95%. If you found something like that interesting and you will gain some transferable skills – then we will be pleased to help you. I know it sounds extreme and dramatic – but frankly you don't have any other weapons in your armoury for this kind of thing. You either have to grin and bear it or you have to take serious action. There is no middle ground.

If you wanted to sue them then I would be thinking of doing it for about £100. Considering that you've already spent out £30 on getting somebody to waiting for you plus the aggravation et cetera, hundred pounds a bit more than you would be entitled to but I think that it gets so close that unless they wanted to be really stupid, they would pay out rather than go to the hassle of going to court. These people are not used to being challenged in court – and they need it in order to give them a bit of encouragement to improve their services for everyone. Especially as you say that it is the second time that it is happen to you. I don't think you should be paranoid enough to believe that it's only you. It must be happening to lots of their customers – who unfortunately also decide to grin and bear it. The result is that Wicks get away with being a crappy company with crappy policies and crappy customer services – and all their customers sit around like monkeys grinning and bearing it.

Thread moved to General Retail Forum...please continue to post here to your thread.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

You don't need a written contract to say that they are contractually bound to make the delivery as agreed. Furthermore, if you have incurred any losses as a result of their broken delivery agreement then you would be entitled to recover those. You will also be entitled to cancel the order and to purchase the item somewhere else.

I'm afraid that the problem with these people is – that it's up to you to decide what you want to do about it. Of course the one thing that makes them sit up and take notice is that you bring a legal action against them. That won't resolve your problem immediately but it will give you some satisfaction and eventually will give you some compensation. It's a bit of a hassle – but it's not too difficult and on the basis of what you say, your chances of success are better than 95%. If you found something like that interesting and you will gain some transferable skills – then we will be pleased to help you. I know it sounds extreme and dramatic – but frankly you don't have any other weapons in your armoury for this kind of thing. You either have to grin and bear it or you have to take serious action. There is no middle ground.

If you wanted to sue them then I would be thinking of doing it for about £100. Considering that you've already spent out £30 on getting somebody to waiting for you plus the aggravation et cetera, hundred pounds a bit more than you would be entitled to but I think that it gets so close that unless they wanted to be really stupid, they would pay out rather than go to the hassle of going to court. These people are not used to being challenged in court – and they need it in order to give them a bit of encouragement to improve their services for everyone. Especially as you say that it is the second time that it is happen to you. I don't think you should be paranoid enough to believe that it's only you. It must be happening to lots of their customers – who unfortunately also decide to grin and bear it. The result is that Wicks get away with being a crappy company with crappy policies and crappy customer services – and all their customers sit around like monkeys grinning and bearing it.

I absolutely agree with you.

I was actually thinking they pay £30 for each day since the day it was supposed to be delievered ;)

Where do i start? How do i start?

Wickes Building Supplies Limited

Mr Simon King

Chief Executive

Wickes Building Supplies Limited

Lodge Way House

Lodge Way

Harlestone Road

Northampton

NN5 7UG

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 0330 123 4123

Company Number: 01840419

ceoemail: https://ceoemail.com/

Companies House: https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/01840419

Endole: https://suite.endole.co.uk/insight/company/01840419-wickes-building-supplies-limited

BizDb: http://www.bizdb.co.uk/company/wickes-building-supplies-limited-01840419/

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

• 1 month later...

Hi

Sorry for the late update. Health hasn't been good.

So, Wickes customer relations department and i had gone back and forth. In the end my order did arrive and i had the driver return a few.

I told them of the returns, they did not acknowledge it nor refund it (23£) and gave me £30 (delievery fee) as "a gesture of good will"

I got so angry with this that i told them i no longer wish to communicate unless in court and that i would be suing for £200.

Long story short, I've got a check in the post for £200 without going to court. Should have said 300 lol

Thank you for all your help.

Thank you Stu007 for the info