Apple fault and Consumer Rights Act

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2074 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please move to the correct subforum if necessary

Having problems with my MacBook Pro originally purchased 2012.

In 2015 had to be repaired (Apple care) due to Logic board failure. (Common fault)

It has gone again and Apple are being very evasive trying to palm me off to Dublin rather than the Uxbridge registered head office.

No doubt trying to circumvent the Consumer Rights Act being out of UK jurisdiction.

They are saying as it is just out of the six years since purchase nothing they can do.

My argument being it was faulty when sold due to the Logic board replacement 2015 so the warranty period starts from then as the same thing has happened again.

Any suggestion how to go with this and not end up with postal table tennis?

What can i ask for as a reasonable level of compensation being the MacBook is now six years old under Apple care?

IMHO, bought in '12, had repair in '15 doesn't mean it's faulty from purchase, AFAIK the product would have to be needing repair within the first 6 months to show it's deemed faulty from new?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

The same logic board has gone again after being replaced in 2015.

So the warranty is on that Logic Board, not the actual whole MacBook Pro

Yes agree with you there, did they say the warranty would only last for 3 years?

If not, and isn't in writing, then I fail to see why it won't/can't be replaced under the same?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 months later...

Ok then people, Apple have ignored my last two letters sent special delivery to their UK head Office in Uxbridge.

Just found out anyway Apple withdrew the model I have due to Logic Board issues.

After going into my local Apple Shop they say it will cost £1400 to repair

They have had over sixty days now to respond and nothing.

Time for a Civil Clam through County Court

Take it the registered address in Uxbridge will be sufficient to serve the claim form as this is being submitted under the Consumer Rights Act 2015?

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a Gremlin as cannot seem to post an attachment?

Finally got a response from Apple

They are saying the replacement main logic board only has a 12 month warranty

What do you think??

Edited by obiter dictum

They are saying the replacement main logic board only has a 12 month warranty

In essence they're saying their logic board only lasts for 12 months.

Your Stat rights exceed their warranty anyway, have you been in touch with TS about this?

Have you escalated the complaint up to CEO level?

Would the CRA apply to a replacement part though? Or only the product as a whole?

When a product is repaired does the 'reasonable time' part of the CRA reset?

We're talking about a product that's 6 years old now, besides the logic board which was replaced 3 years ago.

But my understanding of the CRA is that it still only applies to the overall product and from the original purchase date.

The only way the CRA would apply to the logic board is if it was individually purchased as a separate item and then placed into the Macbook, but that doesn't seem to be what happened here.