Curry's Cancel Order

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2166 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I bought a television on Friday via the Curry's website.

The order went through fine and I was offered a delivery slot and all seemed fine. The money was deducted from my bank account.

On day of delivery no confirmation received.

After endless automated phone calls I finally managed to speak to a real person. I was told my order had been cancelled due to purchase not being consistent with my spending activity!!

I am told I will be refunded in due course but this is totally bizarre.

Anyone else had any horror stories with this company?

Charlie

It is a problem with your bank, not Currys unless you wanted finance for the deal.

A big purchase has got the bank computer to cancel the payment but it stays in the ether until you sort it out. same things happen of you buy things abroad.

As the computer thinks that being on holiday equals a stolen card it cancels it.

however, might be worth looking at your credit files to see if Currys have beeing nosing around and then they have made the decision themselves.

I had this with B&Q who wouldnt sell me a new kitchen because I had only lived at my house for a week and their computer said no as my credit agency files hadnt caught up.

Never mind that I was paying and not having credit, they dont want to risk a chargeback

Edited by dx100uk
merge