no claim accident recorded as fault

king12345
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i had an accident 4 years ago and nobody claimed as it was very minor.

However i duly reported it to my insurance.

At renewal this accident was listed as "no blame" and no loss of ncb (still have the paperwork)

Fast forward 4 years and i was arranging car insurance with another company.

I told them about this accident and they asked whose fault it was.

I said it was never assessed because nobody claimed.

They checked on the database and instead they found that it's been recorded as a fault accident with £51 costs.

Spoke to octagon and they said that nobody claimed,

however from my description of events i was at fault and the £51 is their admin costs to take the call (i wish i could charge that!)

I queried about their paperwork and they said it must be a mistake.

Now, this fault accident puts 30% extra on my premium compared to a non fault.

Is there anything I can do?

Get Octagon to correct the Insurance claim record. It was not a claim and the cost of dealing with your call is not relevant. If they refuse, submit a complaint and get the FOS involved.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Are they correct when they say that it was a fault accident because of how i described it?

I said the truth, i was coming out of a side road and a scooter coming from my right on the main road indicated to turn into the road i was.

Then bang, i don't know if he slipped or changed his mind at last second.

I said that i was a foot over the line.

So can they record it as a fault accident?

It was not assessed for fault and no payment relating to a loss was made, so it is not a fault claim.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

From your description just as much his fault as yours. The naming of an incident being "no ones fault" is something their computer wont be able to cope with and cartanly charging anyone £51 for receiving a phone call doesnt fit in well with any standard contrcat I have seen. Did you ever receive this bill I ask? If not then that is somehting to beat them with

Today I found the call in which i told them not to renew and i asked specifically about the accident on record.

I said: "if i want to get quotes on the internet, what do i pick on the drop down menu? Non fault?"

Answer: "yes, non fault as it was only a notification"

My question to the insurance experts here: The bike insurance i paid for the other day has now gone through and changing anything in it would cost more than the extra they charged for the fault accident, so I'm prepared to lose there.

However I have car insurance in which i correctly declared this accident as "notification only" (this is written in the schedule).

Do i leave it at that or should i wake the sleeping dog, contact my old insurance and start a war to convince them to change the records?

I also spoke to fos and they said they have no power to impose what's recorded on the insurance database.

The guy from fos said: "insurance companies can put anything they want on the database because it's their database"

Sounds weird to me, what would you do?