I’ve lost appeal with Popla against APCOA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2191 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If anyone could help I’d appreciate it,

We went to Birmingham to collect a friend and driving down to the 30 minute free wait the car started to jerk and pull the engine management light came on.

Which forced us to pull over as was not safe to continue.

We clocked their sign saying no stopping to collect or drop off.

We never did we in fact stopped for two minutes maximum.

Enough time to switch the engine off an start it again.

The engine management light stayed on but the car seemed a slight rough but wasnt pulling or jerking.

We drove up an down for a while then entered the premium set down to collect as they had to wait around for us.

We kept the ticket also took a picture clearly showing the enginee on with engine management light on and also a photo of their sign post.

As we had not done any of what they said we couldn’t.

A week later we received a parking charge notice to pay 50 within 14 days or 100 after.

I myself appealed to APCOA never heard anything

I got a demanded letter to say the 14 days had now gone and I needed to pay.

I challenged them on the phone and was informed I had lost my appeal.

But never got a letter

I said to the man it was an emergency

he said I’d have to appeal to POPLA

I did an today I’ve lost.

This was a genuine emergency an we literally stopped for 2 mins.

To switch off an back on.

Will we have to pay can anyone help???

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

Welcome to CAG.

POPLA decisions are not binding on the motorist. You don't have to pay anyone anything.

Sit tight, this'll get picked up in the morning.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

in the mean time can you complete this:

https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?462118-Have-you-received-a-Parking-Ticket-(1-Viewing)-nbsp

and scan up any letters/photos etc

please read UPLOAD

ONE multipage PDF only please!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

if the sign says no stopping then it isnt an offer of a parking contract so you cant owe money for parking or breaching the conditions of a PARKING contract. POPLA ignore this elephant in the room.

However, knowing what you said in your appeal will help us to help you.

In the future do not appeal a private parking ticket without learning more about the laws surrounding parking contracts and the Protection of Freedoms Act which places conditions on what a parking co must do before they can claim a bean from anyone. You will hear more about this as we progress but you should read loads of the other threads here to get an idea

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

Thank you, in fairness this is all new to me I only have a iPhone so not sure how to post all my letters etc.

I guess I never thought I’d need to read up on any of this as it was a genuine claim our car started to jerk an wasn’t safe to continue without stopping an trying to restart it.

So I guess I’m just not sure what to do next.

I’m guessing there going to harasse me for the 100 pound now or maybe even more if money has been added while waiting for the appeal.

I guess if I got offered the 50 pound now I’d pay it even though it was genuine but this is not helping my health conditions as I suffer with manic depression and anxiety.

I did also state this in my appeal that I feel it’s unfair for something so innocent.

I’m sure if your car is jerking all over the place the first thing your meant to do is stop??

not sure what to do next?

read up on the things pointed out here and in places like the Parking Prankster's blogspot.

Do not respond to APCOA yet, but give us more information as to the where and when. and whether it is possible to get images of the signage at the location.

If it is visible from a public highway the google streetview will give us a good idea of the lie of the land