Universal jobmatch website to be replaced by Find a job service

louise2012
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have just discovered on find a job how to find the latest jobs click on the box it says most relevant and change it to most recent and then you will see all the new jobs that has been put on find a job since your last visit to find a job.

This is my first post here, and the forum rules say that I can’t post links until I have made 10 posts.

The new Find a Job site is not mandatory to use. A response to a Freedom of Information request asking if jobcentre staff can mandate you to use it says:

“Claimants cannot be mandated to use the Find a Job website specifically. However, under Day One Conditionality in JSA, claimants are asked to create an account and upload a Curriculum Vitae (CV) in Find a job or another jobsite when they make a new claim. This requires claimants to have a suitable email address and to upload a CV to their Find a Job or another jobsite account. Where a claimant has not done this, their Work Coach can mandate them to do so.”

(As I can’t post a link, copy and paste the above into Google, go to Frank Zola’s wordpress blog and look for his blog post for 29/5/2018, or download the attached PDF version.)

So what this means is that job seekers cannot be pressured under threat of sanctioning (or forced to put in their Claimant Commitment) to use FaJ for their job searches and job applications.

You could be mandated to create a FaJ account and upload a CV to it but you can’t be mandated to use it.

So do a printout of the attached PDF version and show it to your work coach if they try to pressure you into using FaJ.

Spread this around.

Confirmation that FAJ is not Mandatory.pdf

upload hidden

pers details showing

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

:whoo:

and they

I have noticed while job searching on my find a job account that the jobs advertised on this site only seems to be for certain types of work like management, hospital and other highly skilled jobs which are no good to me or lots of other jobseekers using this site to look for work.

I have discovered that you can search for jobs by miles from on the advanced search section of find a job service

you just need to fill in the appropriate boxes with the info you need for your search for jobs and it will just all job search sites go by as the crow flies meaning you will get jobs that you would like to apply for and find they are too far from home for you to get to in the 90 minutes limit you have on your jobseekers agreement

it does seem that you will have to an account on find a job service and allow your job coach see you find a job account even though it is believed this is not compulsory at the moment.

Worth a read regarding find a job although anything the DWP introduces I would be wary of.

https://mrfrankzola.wordpress.com/2018/05/29/find-a-job-claimants-cannot-be-mandated-to-use-the-find-a-job-website-specifically/

[1] “Claimants cannot be mandated to use the Find a Job website specifically.

However, under Day One Conditionality in JSA, claimants are asked to create an account and upload a Curriculum Vitae (CV) in Find a job or

another jobsite when they make a new claim.

This requires claimants to have a suitable email address and to upload a CV to their Find a Job or another jobsite account.

Where a claimant has not done this, their Work Coach can mandate them to do so.

Your work coach cannot ask for nor access find a job.

I just saw this job:

Sales Assistant (ME4 4EP, Darker Enterprises) advertised on find a job and then went to Google maps to find out where it is

it is in Chatham area of Kent and according to Google maps the shop is now closed.

so it asks that question is this job Sales Assistant (ME4 4EP, Darker Enterprises) a fake job.

If this is the same Darker Enterprises that I'm finding hits for with a web search, just be aware of what it is exactly that they sell. From their web site:

Darker Enterprises was formed in 1987 and is now the largest wholesaler of adult goods in the UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

• 3 weeks later...

i am pleased universal jobmatch has now closed and replaced with find a job

the dwp staff as come up with a crafty way to know what you are doing jobsearch wise and the crafty way is to get to do a reclaim for benefits and get you to create a universal jobmatch account where you have to put down what jobs you have applied for and also upload your cv.

you are not able to do this on find a job and dwp staff do not have access to it.

I knew from the first announcement of find a job replacing universal on 25/4/2018 that the dwp staff would find a crafty way to find out what you are doing to look for work.

No need to write anything down at all just have a regular conversation with your WC, no need to go into detail.

If they doubt your uncorroborated evidence ask why ?

Just make sure all the steps you have took that can be evidenced such as an online applications your are able to produce if a doubt is raised against your claim.

Simple, the more you give them, the more they try to pull you up on.

It is not being an ass to have a conversation about the efforts taken when finding work, there is no compulsion to write anything down, recording it is for your own benefit, and unless you have said something which is contradictory or highly improbable then they they cannot raise any doubt.

Example last week when signed I only had 1 job application so that would be really silly to write down and hand over do you not think ?

when I can just state this during a regular conversation between 2 human beings ?

So the only ass here would be the work coach to raise a doubt BTW I took 3 steps each week just found 1 vacancy.

Edited by dx100uk

reply with quote button just makes a thread twice as long

45 unnecessary repeats of previous posts in a chain removed

just type!! and hit quick reply..

and they

Exactly, they could access UJM unless you refused them.

I am sure the quote and reply are there for a purpose

is this site running out of white space ?

being charged per letter ?

no it wont cause a sanction

Yes that could be reason,

Good point.

Edited by dx100uk
Merge

• 2 months later...

just been doing my latest jobsearch on find a job and saw a job that I wanted to apply for and clicked on the apply for job button it took me thought to the employers website and it said job expired and this happened with the same job on 21 September 2018 and happened again today 3 October 2018 the job is: Sales Assistant (Chatham, South East/Southern, ME4 4NZ, Go Outdoors).

Some of the larger employers have set their systems up to send a notification of new vacancies when they are posted. Would be worth checking with Go Outdoors to see if they do something similar. Failing that, bookmark the page and then visit the web site each week, logging it as one more action to seek employment.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.