More Shiply - goods stolen

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2067 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Stolen goods

I accepted a quote through Shiply, which was promised on a four day turn around. The driver collected an expensive item and not only failed to deliver it to it's destination on time, but completely disappeared with my item never to be heard of again.

After taking the matter further and contacting the Shiply customer support team we managed to find out the courier has changed their details ... contact name, address, phone number, business name etc about 14 times so far so there is no way of tracking them.

A spokesperson for Shiply has said "We are not a transportation service provider, freight forwarder, broker or intermediary of any sort. The Site acts as a neutral venue through which Transport Providers and Users can meet and enter into negotiations with a view to entering into Transactions.

We are in no way involved in the actual Transaction.

We have no and assume no, control over the quality, safety, or legal aspects of the Jobs and/or Transactions that take place through the Site."

So a warning to everyone that uses shiply.

It has since been passed on to ActionFraud and the Police.

As shiply have decided to absolve themselves from the matter we are trying to either join an action group, or start one.

In this quest we have come across an unacceptable level of this activity occuring with many unsuspecting customers, all high price items.

We have reported to the police and actionfraud.

Fortunately we got a reg number off our cctv of the courier.

Edited by dx100uk
Spacing

Who do you pay the money to?

Thank you but the question was really asking about how do Shiply get paid? Do you pay them, what's the deal?

Shiply get paid a deposit usually through paypal when you accept a quote. Then they take the rest when the job is complete. They didn't refund my deposit, they gave me a credit on the Shiply account, then relisted me for more quotes! I'd already lost my gear by then so no point in getting quotes. This company is evil, and should be closed down or made to screen the couriers properly before allowing them to quote.

• 3 months later...

why not use CAG

an 'action group' typically fails

start your own thread please

clickme>>start a new thread.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...