Rossendales/council tax debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2171 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Today I have received 2 letters addressed to me and my ex from rossendales regarding a council tax debt from 2008/9.

Liability order dated 2009.

Total £950 (inc £75 charge for each debt)

I had no idea this debt existed, not making excuses but it was from a very bad time in my life where I was subject to domestic and financial abuse from my ex.

He has had no part in my life and I have an injunction against him so to see his name on a letter made me feel sick.

I phoned rossendales and after much arguing and discussion, I was bullied into paying £80 a month.

I can’t really afford it but do understand that I am liable for the debt so need to pay.

They said on the phone that they will NOT chase my ex partner for the debt, because my name is listed first and they cannot chase both debtors.

I realise that I am liable for all of the debt and not just half, but seriously?

How is it anywhere near fair that they are not even going to try to contact him to pay the debt.

They also refused to take his name off any correspondence to me (just to add insult to injury!).

Are they correct in what they say?

That they CANNOT chase desperate debtors?

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

well the truth is you are paying so they don't need to waste resources chasing him.

they have found a mug already.

no harm in talking to the council

the bailiffs are only operating under their orders

tell them where he lives!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I tried to tell them where he lives but she wouldn’t take any details about him.

The council just told me to go through rossendales.

I know they are just doing their job, but it seems unfair that they won’t even contact him regarding the debt, even though he earns 5 times what I do.

Go higher. Chairman of the council. Get your MP involved as the council and bailiffs are avoiding their responsibilities

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

too right!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...