• Tweets

• Agree it is not a modification that needs to be disclosed to Insurers as changing the seats has not changed the risk.  
    • Frpm David Frost and Robert Jenrick: 'Conservatives must show we respect the votes in 2016 and 2019 and not give the Opposition the chance to undo the benefits of leaving the EU'   Sweep away the Brexit gloom – or Labour will unravel a huge gain ARCHIVE.PH archived 22 Apr 2024 05:47:50 UTC  
    • Please please help we were miss sold full fibre by EE July 22  Install couldn’t go ahead no equipment sent and no. Survey it was hell  foind out no full fibre in road so we had to go back to cooper no choice we involved. Ceo and they put in a man from customer resolution s  he was vile he told me I had to go to engineers  something very odd about the ex resolution s in bt basically they took my drive up said they Would put ducting in ready for full fibre we have got £ 40 for a hours upon hours phones stress and more told to go to ombudsman  then bill was £35 we called twice told it was that price as they had treated us appalling two weeks later all sky package gets pulled we call again our bill goes to 165 the next two weeks was hell trying to get yo bottom why it’s off our package it was all on in the end I spent a day on the phone  341 mins was the call anyway I got to the bottom it was this resolution man coveting up the other issue another deadlock  to cover it all up  they hide data  ee did so couldn’t get the miss sell in writing I have now only from sept  Basically now we tried getting full fibre and they have found my drive had to be taken up again which has sunk .  The engineer has placed the wrong ducting again under my drive and need s to be taken to again apparently and the pipe sticks up middle of the drive near gate not behind look so odd it’s a big as a drain pipe open to water and it’s below touching the electrical cables to hot tub . I was sent a letter from the ex resolution to say I had stopped the work  I haven’t  it’s so sadistic she covering up for her mate in that team as the orginal install he didn’t check it had been done correctly  I took to Twitter and posted on open reach they ignored me then after 3 calls of two weeks they sent a engineer bt ignored me ceo emails blocked tag on Twitter unanswered then we get someone from twitter send a engineer he written report to say it’s dangerous since we have  had a  letter to say our problem can not be resolved  then a email to say sorry we are leaving and we can’t get into our account Bt will not talk to us ofcom tells us nothing they can do Citzens advice said go to the police  we can’t go back to virgin due so mass issue with them only option is sky  but point is they make out we have canceled we haven’t we have this mess on our drive dangeous work we are in hell  it’s like she covering up for this collegue it’s all very odd I am disabled and they like played mentaly with me open reach say bt resolved the issue no they have not  I recon they have terminated us making our we have  to hide it from mgt  Help it’s hell I don’t sleep we have 29 may we have tried  calling they just ignore me  at first they are so lovely as they say I am then they go to nnamager and say we can’t say anything to you end call  Scared police are rubbish I need help even typing is so painfull  Thankyou  anyone hello be so grateful     
    • There's a thread somewhere about someone sending the baillifs against Wizzair that is quite hilarious. I would love to see someone do the same to Ryanair. Question is, should you be the one to take that role. You are entitled to the £220, if your flight was from the UK. If it was TO the UK I suppose it is more of a grey area... though the airlines I know have been using £220 as standard. Not that surprising for Ryanair, the worst cheapskates in the universe, to go for the lower amount, and if you forward this to the CEO he will probably have a jolly good laugh and give his accountants a verbal bonus. After all he's the one who said and I paraphrase "F*** our customers, they'll fly with us again anyway". While we would all love to see Ryanair get wooped in court again, I have to join my fellow posters in thinking it's not worth the hassle for (hypothetically) £7 and not sure it will expedite the payment either. It's already an achievement that you got them to accept to pay.
    • The US competition watchdog has taken legal action to stop Tapestry's $8.5bn takeover of rival Capri.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Caught in Waitrose after scanner problem

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2198 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Like flavy2ros I have just become a victim of the self scan problem.

I regularly shop at my local Waitrose, four times a week and even now some of the staff. Last Friday I was in a rush doing a last minute shop for a long weekend away with the family. I was picking items scanning and throwing them in the bag. At one stage I noticed the scanner re-booted, I didn’t think anything o it and carried on.

At checkout I paid and went to collect a coffee cup and it was then I noticed that some of the items hadn’t been recorded on my receipt. I stood for a while staring at the receipt thinking what do I do, if tell the staff they will think I might have tried to steal them, so I decided to chance it and leave the store.

Just when I was leaving the security guard approached me and said he would like me to accompany him to the back of the store. I followed and told him what happened. The security guard (someone I also know at the store) told me that he saw me looking at my receipt and thought something was amiss. He then went on to tell me I looked guilty and I stole those items and how long have I been doing this! Took my details and banned me from any Waitrose store. Told me I will recieve a letter in the post!

In hindsight I should have told the staff. Because I have never done anything like this before my whole weekend away with the family was ruined. I kept thinking about what happened and how I could have handled the situation differently. The irony of it all is that only at Christmas I caught I thief at the same store - blatantly robbing items without a scanner. I am still beating myself over this.

Like Flavy2ros I suppose I can expect the next six months to be bombarded with letters, even though nothing was actually taken outside the doors of the Waitrose store.

Edited by honeybee13
Paras

I have just become a victim of the self scan problem.

At checkout I paid and went to collect a coffee cup and it was then I noticed that some of the items hadn’t been recorded on my receipt. I stood for a while staring at the receipt thinking what do I do, if tell the staff they will think I might have tried to steal them, so I decided to chance it and leave the store.

You were a victim of a scanner problem until the point you “decided to chance it”

If it is a recognised problem with self-scan, the staff will have seen it before and wouldn’t have batted an eye-lid if you’d told them.

“I was worried they might think I was a thief, so I decided to steal anyway” isn’t a credible excuse. You ceased to be a “victim” at that point when you decided to steal, and need to accept responsibility rather than looking for excuses.

That said, it was up to them to refer it to the police or not, and you shouldn’t pay RLP / DWF a penny.

Hi

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Bazza in this case. You had the opportunity to rectify the error but you didn't. You thought about it and decided the wrong way. Having said that, you should consider yourself lucky that the police didn't get involved as 'error of judgement' is no excuse.

Having said that, RLP will write to you demanding some spurious amount which you have no obligation to pay. File any letters away and ignore all requests for money.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I agree with your comments and should have raised it with a member of staff. In that moment I just didn’t think straight. This incident has played on my mind and continues to do so now. I am trying to get past it but I feel I have let myself down more than anything as I have always been a Law abiding citizen. I will never use the scanner again and instead take my shopping to the manned checkout. Over the last 4 days I have done some research into grocery theft and am in shock how many people steal and what it costs the industry - eventually us as the cost has to be covered by increase in prices

I spoke to a solicitor friend and told him what happened. And how lucky I was that the police weren’t called. I was advised the security guard couldn’t call the police as I hadn’t technically left the store and therefore not stolen the items. Also it was just me and him at the back of the store and would be my word against his, he should have had someone else present to identify items not scanned/paid.

Horrible lesson to learn but one I will NEVER repeat again. I don’t know how people risk it!

I spoke to a solicitor friend and told him what happened. And how lucky I was that the police weren’t called. I was advised the security guard couldn’t call the police as I hadn’t technically left the store and therefore not stolen the items.

The security guard can call the police at any point, but the police won’t take action until the “points to prove” regarding theft have been made out .....

Did you give your solicitor friend EXACTLY the same story?

Since you said here:

so I decided to chance it and leave the store.

Just when I was leaving the security guard approached me

For a successful prosecution for theft (shoplifting) there is no absolute requirement to have left the store.

There just has to be “dishonest intent to permanently deprive” the store of its goods, “beyond all reasonable doubt”.

If you could reasonably claim you were headed back to the main store to pick up other items that you were then going to pay for all of them, you could introduce reasonable doubt.

If you had passed the last point at which you could pay and it was clear you were leaving, it matters not if you were one step inside the store or one step outside!.