RS Motorhomes - refusing to refund a faulty vehicle **Claim issued - case WON!!***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was aware of that and looking for a bit of guidance on my proposed text to see if anything should go in or be taken out I am almost there on space available so that I can trim or expand as needed but any help/guidance is appreciated

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Whether they have referred to current legislation or not is irrelevant and doesn't affect your rights

Whether they have referred to current legislation or not is irrelevant and doesn't affect your rights

That is what I thought but it is nice to have some confirmation

• 2 months later...
Good afternoon,

I have purchased a used vehicle from a dealer and there are several things that I have subsequently found to be wrong with it.

None in isolation are major but taken in the context of the number and the prevarication by the dealer regarding the delay in delivering the vehicle I am concerned that the other works undertaken prior to delivery and the repair of these faults subsequently identified may be less than satisfactory.

The vehicle I have purchased is a 15 yr old motorhome from a motorhome dealer.

The dealership is in excess of 100 Miles from my home address.

I viewed the vehicle at the dealers premises and identified some faults at the time some of which the dealer would not repair and the price was amended to reflect this. The other faults were agreed to be repaired and the dealer went on to state that the vehicle would be thoroughly checked and any other faults discovered would be rectified. A deposit was paid and a two week period was set as a provisional date to collect.

After two weeks I contacted the company and suggested a date for collection that would have given them 3 weeks to complete the work, I was then told that this would not be possible as they had had problems with the weather and staff. I was disappointed as it meant that I would be unable to collect until another three weeks had passed and conveyed this to the dealer. He then stated that they could juggle things around and I could collect the day following my original proposal which worked for me.

The day prior to the collection I received a call from the dealer stating that it would not be possible to collect the following day due to a particular problem that meant the vehicle could not be moved for 24 hours but that they would arrange delivery to my home address at their expense six days later. I was disappointed but the fact that I did not have to undertake a 200 mile + round journey went some way to alleviate this. I was told to contact the company on the day agreed to get a firm idea of the arrival time.

On the day I called the company three times before I was informed at 2pm that the delivery would not take place that day, at this stage I was disconcerted because the reason I was given was the same as the reason for the previous cancellation and that the job in question had not taken place when I was told it had been completed, also that they had found other issues and were awaiting spares to arrive. I was then assured the vehicle would arrive four days later.

The promised day arrived as did the vehicle.

The delivery driver did not wait for me to check the vehicle which had by now been paid for before leaving.

I then checked it over and found the following

Cruise control stalk damaged

Wheel trims missing

Alarm not functioning in fact alarm box removed and wiring left insulated by a plastic bag

Windscreen washer pipe work disconnected

After market door security lock not functioning

Oil level only just on minimum

When I spoke to the dealer he initially stated that anything after market was not in the agreement because he hadn’t realised that it had an alarm or cruise control.

We have subsequently had an email exchange and telephone conversations ( I have followed the advice re recording) in which when I suggested a reasonable compromise would be I bring the vehicle back at my expense and have a full refund he stated that’s not going to happen and that they would repair it at their expense if I took it back to them at my expense.

I pointed out to him that it appears they are incapable of correctly carrying out a PDI how was I supposed to have faith in their ability coupled with the fact that on the day it was due to be collected and couldn’t because it had to remain stationary it was away from their premises having the MoT carried out.

I would say that I have yet to actually use the vehicle and it was supplied with a 12 month warranty .

I have sent an email outlining my concerns and rejecting the vehicle under the consumer rights act 2015.

I am interested to know if you feel I am being reasonable and if so what my next steps are, it does not appear that company in question are members of the appropriate ombudsman scheme.

UPDATE won paid in full after CCJ thanks for your help guys

Very well done - but what a needless load of effort to force a business to obey the law.

People should avoid this company - RS Motorhomes.

Please will you spread the word over the internet and especially motorhome forums and link them to this thread so that we can help others

Also we are always happy to accept a donation if you think that we have helped you