Marc Gander - The Consumer Survival Handbook

A 220 page introduction to all things consumer related by our own BankFodder.

Includes energy companies, mobile phone providers, retailers, banks, insurance companies,debt collection agencies, reclaim companies, secondhand car sellers, cowboy garages, cowboy builders and all the rest who put their own profits before you.

£6.99

Patricia Pearl - Small Claims Procedure - A Practical Guide

An excellent guide for the layperson in how to use the County Court - a must if you are intending to start a claim.

£19.99 + £1.50 (P&P)

+ Reply to Thread
    Basic Account Holder
    Do you record your calls?
    You'll regret it if you don't.
    andonandon Novitiate

Follow Real_CAG on Twitter
    Cagger since : Jul 2012

Default Fabricated warrant from British gas?

After 11 years of problems with British gas business electricity supply and more billing mistakes than I've got time to list here they are still pursuing me for a debt I dispute. The Ombudsmanicon have failed me on this matter so my options are limited at this stage, I have so far attended court for disconnection warrants 9 times, each time but the last it's been removed from the list that morning, without notification to myself.

The last time (11/4/18) I turned up on time as usual armed with all my information and up to date figures according to my (correct) calculations.
    A representative of a different firm turned up with some British gas warrants, but only residential ones. He had no information about me or my business.

I called British gas and asked what was going on, to be told it had gone through that morning.
    I spoke to the court usher, she then called them herself asking to be put through to Karen Walker (the name on my warrant notification) she got through, got asked to hold and was hung up on.

I then got to see the judge who seemed impressed that I had turned up on time with my information and had took steps to find out what was happening.
    He assured me that British gas had not turned up and that if they did turn up later that afternoon that he would not be issuing a warrant because they weren't on time (this was 2 hours after the time on my notice).

Today (16/4/18) I have received a lettericon from bg dated 12/4/18 starting that my electricity will be disconnected as the warrant was granted.
    I've tried calling them but the office is shut.
    Is this just more scare tactics?
    Or have they fabricated a warrant?

Follows
    Following

Site Team The Consumer Action Group BankFodder has disabled reputation BankFodder's Avatar

Cagger since : Jan 2006

Blog Entries

Default Re: Fabricated warrant from British gas?

I can't imagine that they have fabricated a warrant – so I expect that somehow or other they have obtained one.

If I were you I would go back to the court doublecheck.

In any event, it seems to me that you've got a very serious ongoing problem and maybe you would like to tell us about it – in which case please start a new threadicon.

Basic Account Holder
    andonandon Novitiate

I'm hoping it was an auto generated letter and like I say, more scare tactics. But I Don't believe I've ever received one of these before. I'll ring the court now. Although I Wouldn't put anything past them, I know just how deviant they can be.

Basic Account Holder
    andonandon Novitiate

Well I've spoken to bg, as far as they know it will be going ahead, but they called the person who would have put it through and got no answer, so I'm to ring back tomorrow.

Spoken to the local court, they couldn't tell me either way as it was commercial and they didn't have access to those records. They did give me an email address to send a request to, which I have.

It seems that if they do turn up on the 25th, it will be very difficult to prove if the piece of paper they bring with them is legitimate or not. I'm not lying down and taking this.

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

you need to send a short letter to the judge you spoke to on the 11th and tell them what BG have said and ask whether the warrant was granted and if so on waht grounds after your representation was accepted.
    As you know, most of these things are automatic so Bg and the courts service may well have just assumed that it was granted when the judge decided otherwise. they will then have to go through their files and undo their error

the costly alternative is to go for an injunction against BG

Basic Account Holder
    andonandon Novitiate

So I've spoken to bg again, apparently their representative was stuck in traffic and didn't get there till after 1, getting in on a 2pm session and getting the warrant granted. Doesn't explain why when I rang them at 11am that day they told me it had already been through.

I will be speaking to the courts again. Turning up 5 hours late is not acceptable in my eyes, especially after the judge told me he would not be issuing a warrant if they did turn up late. I would not have left unless he said this. Somethings not right here.

Does anyone think the Ombudsmanicon will do anything about this warrant since its after the date they previously looked into? After all, British gas have admitted they weren't there on time...

Basic Account Holder
    andonandon Novitiate

Also, can you do an SARicon for a limited company? I might be getting a bit off topic here though

Royalties Account Holder ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative ericsbrother Authoritative

Cagger since : Nov 2012

no

Quote Originally Posted by andonandon View Post
    Does anyone think the Ombudsmanicon will do anything about this warrant since its after the date they previously looked into? After all, British gas have admitted they weren't there on time...
    you need to apply to the court to get the warrant scrubbed. This may well have them asking for a small fortune to do so as you failed to get the matter chucked out when you spoke to the judge but be persistent. If you spoke in open court it will all be recorded so ask for a copy of the recording. If it was in chambers then you are stuck with their mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by andonandon View Post
    So I've spoken to bg again, apparently their representative was stuck in traffic and didn't get there till after 1, getting in on a 2pm session and getting the warrant granted. Doesn't explain why when I rang them at 11am that day they told me it had already been through.

I will be speaking to the courts again. Turning up 5 hours late is not acceptable in my eyes, especially after the judge told me he would not be issuing a warrant if they did turn up late. I would not have left unless he said this. Somethings not right here.

Reclaim the Right Ltd. - reg.05783665 in the UK reg. office:- 923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE
We use cookies to personalise content and ads and to provide social media features. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners. See details