Visa debit card "declined" but money taken from account!??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2194 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Good morning HOPE THIS IS THE CORRECT FORUM, i have an issue and need some advice hopefully there some bank account/visa debit card experts here?

On friday 13th i went as usual to buy my weekly bus ticket on the First Bus M-tickets app ( i have never had this problem before) but when i clicked checkout i selected my card and instantly the screen came back with "transaction declined", i thought this is strange because i had the money in account ready.

I left it half an hour confused to try again but before i did i went to check my banking app to check my balance and low and behold the £20 for the bus ticket had been deducted form my balance. I went to check if my bus ticket had turned up in the app but it hadnt and the history said "transaction declined".

I phoned the bus company and was told they have no record of receiving my money and refused to issue my ticket on the grounds it says on their screens "transaction declined"

Ok sorry for that i just wanted to make the story clear for guidance.

I have checked today (still no bus ticket or money back in my account).

I am worried my money has disappeared into thin air, i have debt management plans to pay and i am on benefits so £20 going "missing" is quite a big deal at the moment....

What do i do will the money be returned to me?

Is their financial laws that state money must be returned in ??days.

Thank you i hope someone can advise this has really stressed me out

Edited by dx100uk
spacing

the bank has allocated it and expects the bus co to claim it at some point. the bank wont credit your account for several days so you need to moan at them about this. they will say it isnt their fault but beware, your balance may have had another payment hanging in thin air like this so the money may not be available anyway

it can take 3-5 days for the pending charge to be removed. The bank staff will say it cant be removed before it. Mainly because they dont have the ability to do it at branch level.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

whats this DMP you are in

hope it not with a fee taking fleecer and you sent everyone you are paying through it a CCA request?

esp if you are paying powerless DCA's through it?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...