style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2173 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello guys i'm new here so looking for some help.

i have a debt with penham excel for council tax with a notice of enforcement dated the 15th of march 2018.

Of course i am liable for the debt totaling £255.00

£180 council tax arrears and £75 Complinace stage fee and i paid £100 by phone on the 9th of april.

I then received a letter hand delivered by an enforcement officer stating that because he had attended my property on the 12th of april i now owed another £235 taking the total up to £490...i feel this is a bit cheeky of them and is it lawful?

Thanks for any help you can give

regards andrew

hi ya ive moved your thread to bailiffs forum.

who did your ring and pay?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

i paid direct to the penham excel office automated payment system on the 9th April.

On the 12th i received a phone call from the enforcement agent whom i told i had paid £100 previously and when i got home found the letter posted through my door.

this enforcement agent also told me that i was still liable for an old council tax bill form 3 years ago so on top of the £490 he was trying to collect an additional £200 odd outstanding debt.

you should have contacted the bailiff and made an arrangement.

who told you to ring the payment line?

not sure if you can get of that £235 fee now sadly

as for the old debt...ummm might be an idea to do this tomorrow..

You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:

1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you

2 - the dates they were obtained

3 - the addresses they were for

4 - the period of time each covers

5 - how much each one was for

6 - how much is still outstanding

7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

at the time i did not have details of the enforcement officer from penham.

i was acting in response to a letter of removal notice dated the 16th march 2018 for the original debt of £240.68 from a Mr [removed] and called the auto payment line on the letter.

this recent attendance from another bailiff [removed] is now standing at £490 and he is asking to collect both debt simultaneously.

both letters have identical authority ref numbers but differant penham ref numbers.

Edited by dx100uk
names

still need to do post 4 regardless

if you get a notice of enforcement you must respond to the named bailiff as the notice says.

dx

and they

you also need to tell us the whole ctax story and give us a list of the dates you received what [titled] letters.

no good you here coming here saying a got this...

then introducing that you've a previous debt and that was what you responded too..

and they

i have a debt with penham excel for council tax with a notice of enforcement dated the 15th of march 2018.

Of course i am liable for the debt totaling £255.00. £180 council tax arrears and £75 Complinace stage fee and i paid £100 by phone on the 9th of April.

I then received a letter hand delivered by an enforcement officer stating that because he had attended my property on the 12th of April I now owed another £235 taking the total up to £490...i feel this is a bit cheeky of them and is it lawful?

It would seem from the further post that you made that you have not one....but two debts being enforced by Penham Excel.

If we deal with this particular one first, you will be aware from the Notice of Enforcement dated 15th March 2018 that full payment or a payment arrangement should have been set up by the end of what is called the 'compliance' period. That is the cut off date given on the NoE which I would suspect would have been dated around 29th March (or thereabouts).

It would seem that you had not made contact with the company at all during this period of time and instead, you made an ad hoc payment of £100. Sadly, as you have now discovered, your failure to deal with the debt sooner has led to an 'enforcement' visit being made and the debt increasing by £235. The step taken is perfectly legal.

Coming on now to the 2nd debt. This is slightly complicated because the 'Removal Notice' for this particular account was dated the 16th March 2018 which was the day after the Notice of Enforcement for the 2nd debt is dated.

Without knowing some more background information, it may well be the case that you can argue that you should only be liable for one 'enforcement fee' of £235.

As I say, more background information would be needed regarding the older debt.