Unauthorised work done on my car***Settled at ADR Mediation***

robj1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not necessarily. I did point out this was a 50/50 case but you've done the right thing.

Possibly a lesson learnt here for everyone in that when you take your car to a garage ensure you sign a job card as to what you want and what is required. It's a legal requirement! It also puts an end to any dispute as the instructions are clear cut!

Not necessarily. I did point out this was a 50/50 case but you've done the right thing.

Possibly a lesson learnt here for everyone in that when you take your car to a garage ensure you sign a job card as to what you want and what is required. It's a legal requirement! It also puts an end to any dispute as the instructions are clear cut!

A job card is not a legal requirement.

A barrister reviewed all the evidence and said 90% in my favor.

When choosing a garage, if you have an option, go on recommendation or use a garage that is a member of a trade association - this garage was not recommended or a member of a trade association so that left me high and dry.

Small back street garages are not always the cheapest! During mediate, as its confidential and can not be used in court, the garage lied repeatedly. This to me showed the intention from the outset was to defraud and no 'misunderstanding' occurred.

A job card is not a legal requirement

Actually it is as neither you or the garage have a legally binding contract otherwise which is why it's a 50/50 settlement.

"When choosing a garage, if you have an option, go on recommendation or use a garage that is a member of a trade association - this garage was not recommended or a member of a trade association so that left me high and dry".

Either way, it wouldn't have resulted in any other outcome. Get a job card signed and it's then clear cut!!